Radio Sales Executive
Peak Radio is an independent commercial broadcaster, transmitting on digital radio across Derbyshire and East Staffordshire.
With a mission to create a relevant new local radio format for Tamworth, Lichfield, Derby, Burton, Uttoxeter, Matlock, Alfreton, and other areas across the broadcast region.
Local radio, made by local people across the targeted service area of over 990,300 local people.
This job role is either based at our Chesterfield office, remote working from home, or a combination of the two. Members of our Radio Sales Team may also be required to spend time travelling around the region for networking and meetings as well as for some other purposes. You should therefore ideally be based within/nearby the Derbyshire region or willing to relocate. You should also ideally hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
Whilst previous experience in radio/media sales is desirable, training will be in place for any successful candidate with a history of sales.
Hours for this position are flexible, as long as targets are hit.
As a member of our Radio Sales Team, the following will be expected of you:
- To achieve agreed revenue targets on a regular basis.
- To do this you have to undertake a range of different activities: establish and develop long-term business relationships; source, identify and secure new business opportunities; fact find and take briefs from clients and prospects; generate creative solutions for clients, and present campaign proposals; make the sale, and deliver accurate reports and forecasts of revenue.
- Sales Executives are expected to work closely with colleagues involved in marketing, sponsorship, promotions, events, publicity and programming. They should ensure that station output and other activities support revenue generation and that clients receive a high quality and consistent service at all times.
- Although some of their work is office-based, they must also spend time out of the office meeting with key clients and prospects, gathering information, making presentations, and, when necessary, attending relevant events to network with clients or pursue prospects. The job may involve irregular hours, juggling many clients and prospects, knowing how to prioritise, and meeting exacting targets and deadlines.
- Sales Team Members must also expect an element of routine administrative work: maintaining records, producing reports and forecasts and assisting with the resolution of problems about payments and revenue collection. They are also expected to ensure that their work complies with media law, regulation and industry codes.
The following are essential:
- Ability and desire to sell
- Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Determination, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Previous Sales experience
The following are desirable:
- Business acumen, and the ability to make accurate forecasts of revenue
- Thorough knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations as they affect radio sales
- A high level of IT skills – excellent word-processing and data handling skills
- Previous Radio Sales experience
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics
- Familiarity with the increasing range of communications platforms, and how they can be used in advertising and marketing campaigns
- Full UK Driving Licence
This role is rewarded with a competitive commission rate, with additional rewards when targets are hit.
Application deadline: 21/06/2021
Job Type: Commission, Flexible Hours
Apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com