Producer/Presenter – Pure Radio
DC Thomson is a privately owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data, and talent. People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting portfolio of media brands including The Stylist Group, Puzzler Media as well as communities in energy, local and national news, women's and children's magazines, lifestyle, teaching, crafts, and sport. While our roots are firmly in publishing, with a portfolio of newspapers and magazines, DC Thomson has diversified into digital technology, radio, TV, and events.
Our stations - Pure Radio Scotland, Original 106 and KingdomFM - have seen record audience growth over the last year and aim to be market-leading radio stations.
A rare opportunity has arisen to join The Robin Galloway Breakfast Show at Pure Radio as a Producer/Presenter.
This position is based in Glasgow. If successful, you'll become part of the multi-voice-format show - producing and co-hosting with Robin and the team every weekday morning.
You'll be required to create engaging and dynamic content on a daily basis and help make the show stand out in an intensely crowded market. You will be joining a highly supportive and creative culture that offers opportunities for progression.
As the newest member of The Robin Galloway Breakfast Show, a typical day will look like this:
- Planning and executing The Robin Galloway Breakfast Show – including contributing to content ideas, organising interviews, callers and executing on air promotions.
- Taking initiative to perform other production or administrative tasks associated with the show - including but not limited to creating, posting and moderating content for social media and liaising with internal and external agencies.
- Producing and editing 'Robin Galloway Takes on a Podcast'.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills, with an aptitude towards forward planning.
- Experience with digital playout systems, namely RCS Zetta and Adobe Audition.
- Proficient audio editing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A love for Radio and understanding of its immediacy.
- Experience working across commercial radio is desired but not essential.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter, alongside an MP3 of your most recent demo.
This is a full-time, permanent position based from our Glasgow office in Spiers Wharf. Bring your skills, sense of humour and unique self to Pure Radio and you will receive training and development opportunities, PLUS a great place to work!
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.