If you’re excited about putting audiences at the front and centre of everything you do and making a positive difference to their morale, this is a game-changer of a career opportunity.
Every day we want you to create fun, entertaining and relevant content (within our 70% music, 30% speech format), for the British armed services, their families and the wider connected community.
- Resourceful, innovative, flexible and reliable, with bags of personality and enthusiasm both on and off air.
- Currently presenting a regular, live, music-led show (or will recently have done so).
- Able to self-op your studio and self- produce.
- Not ‘phased’ by the idea of researching, recording and editing interviews and speech content – we can help with training.
- Happy learning about our audience and tailoring your style to fit them.
- A team player, full of ideas, developing your own shows and contributing to others.
- Social-savvy – but also keen to develop your techniques, with support from our experts.
- Excited about the prospect of living and working alongside the UK Armed Forces, in Catterick, North Yorkshire. After your one-year fixed term contract is done, there may be the opportunity to explore how the services and their families live overseas – from Germany to Gibraltar, Canada to Cyprus, Buckinghamshire to Brunei. Talk to us about the opportunity for your spouse, partner and family to go with you.
We can offer you:
- Familiarisation time at BFBS HQ (we can help you with somewhere to stay).
- Full support in developing your talent in creative, non-commercial, ideas-led environment.
- A generous leave scheme.
- Heavily subsidised Medical Insurance, after qualifying period.
- Life insurance.
- A 6% employer contribution to a fully portable pension plan.
- A competitive salary and other benefits we’re happy to chat more about.
For the right candidate, this is a life-changing opportunity to make exceptional radio for an extraordinary audience. A willingness to live in a military community and a sense of adventure are both essential.
To apply, go to: http://jobs.ssvc.com/178240571
BFBS is a military charity and media organisation with a mission to inform, entertain, connect and champion the UK serving military, their families and veterans.
We have been keeping the serving military connected and in touch for over 75 years, building morale and offering those serving overseas a valuable connection to life back home. We help them feel happier, know what’s going on around the world, share experiences and build communities.
Today, our TV, radio and digital platforms offer entertainment, news, sport and information services to the Armed Forces, their families, veterans and anyone interested in the military.
In recent years, building on our in-depth knowledge of the military and our digital, media and technological innovation expertise, we have also developed value-for-money commercial services for the military and other government clients. These include digital and creative services, a training and development academy, and pioneering technical media and communication solutions that work even in the most extreme environments.
Why work for us?
BFBS is an exciting and rewarding place to work. We are committed to looking after our people, helping them to develop their skills and build successful careers.
So, whether your background is military, media, digital, broadcast – or perhaps something else – if you want to work with talented and passionate colleagues to help us in our mission to entertain, inform, connect and champion the UK Armed Forces, please look at our current vacancies.
Closing date: 5th January 2020
Interviews are likely to be held W/B: 13th January 2020 and will be held in Catterick, North Yorkshire.
We thank you for your interest and application. We can’t guarantee being able to respond to all applicants, therefore, if we do not contact you within 10 working days of the closing date, you have been unsuccessful. Please look out for other opportunities on our website www.ssvc.com/jobs