Radio Sales Executive
Peak Radio is a new regional DAB station launching across Derbyshire and online in Spring 2021. It's set to reach existing audiences in North Derbyshire as well as new audiences in the rest of the region.
This job role is based at our Chesterfield office. Although initially working remotely from home would be ideal, with weekly in-office meetings. Radio Sales Executives may also be required to also spend time travelling around the region for networking and meetings as well as for some other purposes. You should therefore be based within the Derbyshire region or willing to relocate. As such a successful candidate should also hold a Full UK Driving Licence.
Prior Business To Business sales experience is essential for any candidates applying for this position.
Whilst previous experience in radio/media sales is desirable, training will be in place for any successful candidate with a history of sales.
Hours for this position are flexible, as long as targets are hit.
As a member of our Radio Sales Team, the following will be expected of you:
- To achieve agreed revenue targets on a regular basis.
- To do this you have to undertake a range of different activities: establish and develop long-term business relationships; source, identify and secure new business opportunities; fact find and take briefs from clients and prospects; generate creative solutions for clients, and present campaign proposals; make the sale, and deliver accurate reports and forecasts of revenue.
- Sales Executives are expected to work closely with colleagues involved in marketing, sponsorship, promotions, events, publicity and programming.
- They should ensure that station output and other activities support revenue generation and that clients receive high quality and consistent service at all times.
- Although some of their work is office-based, they must also spend time out of the office meeting with key clients and prospects, gathering information, making presentations, and, when necessary, attending relevant events to network with clients or pursue prospects.
- The job may involve irregular hours, juggling many clients and prospects, knowing how to prioritise, and meeting exacting targets and deadlines.
- Sales Team Members must also expect an element of routine administrative work: maintaining records, producing reports and forecasts and assisting with the resolution of problems about payments and revenue collection.
- They are also expected to ensure that their work complies with media law, regulation and industry codes.
The following are essential:
- Ability and desire to sell
- Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- Self-motivation and adaptability
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Determination, diplomacy, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Previous business to business sales experience
The following are desirable:
- Business acumen, and the ability to make accurate forecasts of revenue.
- Thorough knowledge of the law, ethics and industry regulations as they affect radio sales.
- A high level of IT skills – excellent word-processing and data handling skills.
- Previous Radio Sales experience.
- Knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics.
- Familiarity with the increasing range of communications platforms, and how they can be used in advertising and marketing campaigns.
This role is rewarded with a competitive commission rate, with additional rewards when targets are hit. If targets are hit, there is a projected take-home commission pay of £65,000 annually for this role.
To apply and register your interest in these positions, email your name and CV to email@example.com with the subject line "Radio Sales".