Radio Programme Controller – Bay Malta
Eden Leisure Group is looking for a Radio Programme Controller to work with the team at Bay. The Bay Network, made up of 89.7 Bay, Bay Easy, Bay Retro and Bay TV entertains more 12- to 50-year-olds than any other Media brand around the island. The strategy encompasses on-air and online, proving digital is as important as radio, social is as important as live events, and they all work together to create the ultimate 360 destination to hear, see, share and discover.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for the entire on-air product and will govern the sound of the station. This talented individual will have control over production, talent, work schedules and programme schedules. The ideal candidate must love radio and be creative, innovative and energetic.
- You’ll manage the day-to-day running of programmes ensuring a high-quality product is delivered with first class content that meets the creative and commercial needs of the station;
- You'll be working alongside colleagues to devise and implement outstanding and topical ideas for the station;
- You’ll know exactly what our target audiences love, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this understanding at the heart of our programming,
- You’ll handle station imaging and implement exciting creative solutions to commercial briefs;
- You’ll assist the Station Manager pick the ‘hits’, create the music logs and decide what gets put onto the station playlist;
- You’ll be producing pre-production briefings for presenters, technical staff and other contributors;
- You’ll be undertaking editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary and if you wish you can present your own programme;
- You’ll co-ordinate with other presenters for both pre-recorded and recorded output;
- You’ll regularly coach presenters and will hold regular review sessions with them to evaluate their work and seek ways to improve performance;
- You’ll ensure that all output complies with local broadcasting legislation;
- You’ll contribute to, and make use of, an archive of audio resources which can be re-used;
- You’ll be responding to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary;
- You’ll be producing and making use of user-generated content.
- Able to use technology such as Cool Edit Pro, Pro Tools and Adobe Audition for editing and production purposes;
- Comfortable working with RCS products including Zetta and Selector;
- Be able to work flexible hours, including weekends as necessary;
- Previous experience working with a radio station;
- Have thorough knowledge of the Radio market, different station and programme styles, and audience demographics;
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills;
- The ability to work effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines;
- Fluent in English.
What You will Get:
- The opportunity to work with a fun team which is always at the top of its game and striving to be more innovative than they were before.
- The opportunity to work with a stable company who puts its employees at the centre of its decisions.
- The following employee benefits:
- Exposure to various Training & Development courses;
- Free bowling games;
- Free fresh fruit;
- Free Cynergi membership;
- 10% discount on all food & beverages at InterContinental Malta outlets;
- Subsidised parking;
- Study leave for courses related to area of work
If you are excited with what you have just read, and seeking to be part of a winning team, you should click here: https://jobeets.com/jobs/radio-programme-controller-44 to apply.