Listen is one of the UK’s leading audio production companies. We produce content for brands, streaming platforms and broadcasters; formulate strategies for clients; and deliver the highest possible quality content to millions of listeners around the world.
We have 27 years’ experience and a huge passion for the future of audio.
We make thousands of hours of content each year. Our speech and podcast output spans Audible, Spotify, BBC Sounds, BBC Radio4, and a huge range of brands (from Vodafone and BMW to the Open University and the NHS) and we partner with some of the biggest podcasting talent in the UK.
We have a vacancy for an Executive Producer.
As a Listen Exec you will be an integral part of our business: you’ll have total end-to-end responsibility for pitching, producing and delivering programmes to clients. Working with your colleagues and managing production teams as an Exec you’ll continually strive to deliver the highest editorial and production standards - devise the best creative solutions to satisfy the listener whilst at the same time ensuring that all production strategies are practical and financially sound.
The key elements of the job are:
- Client liaison – you will be the face of Listen to commissioning editors at all stages from pitch to delivery
- Development – pitching Listen’s responses to open briefs and responding to briefs from multiple sources (often with very fast turnaround)
- Pitching – sometimes a conversation over a coffee with a commissioner you know well; at other times a full-scale presentation to a brand/advertising agency
- Budgeting and scheduling – creating practical tools that form the framework for your productions
- People management – you will have line-management responsibility for internal production teams and freelancers and the responsibility for coaching and mentoring those who report to you so that they too are able to develop in their own careers at Listen
- Financial management – you will work with colleagues in finance management and production coordination to ensure that your projects are kept on track and delivered with margin intact
Who are we looking for? You’re someone with significant Executive Producer-level credits gained across radio networks, podcasting streaming platforms and within branded content:
- You have ideas and possess the ability to articulate them effectively
- You’re ready to apply your skills in a senior role in an ambitious production company
- Whilst you will have extensive skills in, and a passion for, a particular category of audio programming you are able to turn your hand and your creative brain to any brief in any genre that comes your way
- You consume other people’s content and appreciate a wide range of subjects from arts, current affairs, pop culture, sport, comedy, film and politics
- You’ll already be known and trusted by radio networks and streaming platforms and ready to make lots of new relationships with commissioners, brands and talent
- You will understand the importance of compliance including a thorough understanding of standards such as BBC Editorial Guidelines, Ofcom regs, and ASA
- You’re a people manager who quickly gains the trust and respect of their teams
- You understand the importance of health and safety and know what is required to achieve best practice in this kind of role
Listen values all people and their ideas and continually strives to be a place where everyone and every view is welcome.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to succeed in this role we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a note (max 250 words) explaining why you think you’re the right person for the job to email@example.com
Closing date: Midnight 21st April 2021