We Are Grape is one of the UK’s leading audio production companies. We make exceptional weekly music radio shows for the world’s most renowned and respected radio stations, including BBC Radio 1 & BBC 6 Music. We produce world-class podcasts and speech radio for a variety of clients, including Spotify, Red Bull Music, COPA90, BBC Sounds, BBC Radio 2, BBC 1Xtra, BBC World Service and an array of music artists and influencers. We also make visual programmes and streams for Amazon Music and BBC iPlayer.
We’ve been in business since 2011 and the four values that we stand by are:
- We deliver the highest possible standards across all of our work
- We ensure the care and attention our clients receive is second to none
- We take an ethical and honest approach to business and employment
- We instil diversity, inclusion and equality at the heart of the company and in everything we do
We are looking for a passionate and motivated Executive Producer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for a roster of weekly BBC music radio shows and developing ideas for a range of other clients - from inception, pitching, launching and delivering new and existing formats.
This role would suit an existing Executive Producer, or an experienced radio producer ready to step up to the next level.
As a key member of Grape’s management team, you’ll be responsible for helping us achieve our creative and commercial ambitions, and making sure that productions meet the high standards we set for ourselves. You’ll be involved in discussions and feed into the overall strategy of the company, so we’d like you to bring commitment, energy and vision to the role.
- Some experience at Executive Producer level and/or at least 4 years of live studio experience of producing weekly live national radio programmes.
- Excellent overall vision and strategy for programmes - the linear radio show, as well as any supporting social or visual content. Incorporating creative ideas, managing show strategy, overseeing future planning, managing budgets and delivery schedules.
- Great experience and aptitude in working with a wide range of on-air talent.
- Excellent managerial skills within programme teams.
- The very best client care skills, as in some cases you will be the main point of contact.
- A deep passion for music, artists, and telling their stories. Many of our shows play a broad range of dance music so expertise in the genre would be preferable, but broad music tastes are very welcome.
- Experience of dealing with challenging music compliance issues, with excellent judgement and the ability to follow the BBC’s guidelines and legal frameworks.
- Analysing performance and figures and implementing changes as required.
The Successful Candidate:
- A nurturing and inspiring leader with good communication, able to manage a presenter and programme team.
- You’re fun, adaptable and not afraid to pitch in where needed.
- You are super organised, quick thinking and able to use your initiative.
- You have a can-do attitude with a positive outlook.
- You want to be an important member of a friendly team with the highest standards and ambition.
- You are deeply passionate about making brilliant radio and supporting social/video content for our clients.
This will be a mix of home, studio and office working.
If you believe that you are a suitable candidate and are looking for a fantastic opportunity to be part of our leadership team, then please apply now by sending your CV, covering letter and an answer to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31st 2023.
1) Why do you want to be an Executive Producer at Grape?
2) Give us an example of an on-air or broadcast critical situation when something has gone wrong, and how you resolved it.
3) Tell us about when you identified and won some new business?