Sales Account Manager, Gaydio
Gaydio, the UK's LGBTQ+ radio station broadcasting to over half a million people weekly, is seeking an enthusiastic and strategic Sales Account Manager to join our team. You will focus on a mixture of local clients in our broadcast areas or national clients anywhere in the UK. Responsibilities of the role include developing new campaign ideas, account management, and winning new business.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about selling and self-motivated, ideally with a background in media sales, though we are open to great candidates who have not sold radio before. You must be able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced and pressurized environment, have excellent communication and negotiation skills, and be results-driven.
- Promote the Gaydio brand and act as an ambassador for the station
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, mainly with direct clients
- Devise and plan bespoke campaigns to meet customers' objectives
- Work with the production team to implement campaign ideas
- Account manage clients and report back results to them
- Achieve monthly targets and ensure accurate information is passed onto relevant teams
- Confident self-starter who is proactive, responsible, friendly, and can work independently
- Ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Excellent negotiation skills and great face-to-face and telephone communication skills
- Proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship, ideally in a radio environment
- Ability to spot and put forward ways to maximize revenues by utilizing new and innovative ideas
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong relationship-building skills both internally and externally
- Open and honest, with the ability to quickly develop personal integrity
- Enthusiastic, persuasive, and money-oriented
- Good numeracy skills
- Willingness to undertake training and development as and when required
- Understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGBTQ+ people
- Full clean driving license (desirable but not essential)
We offer a fun and lively environment to work in, with a culture of responsibility that gives you the tools and trust to use your experience to do a great job. You will receive the equipment you need to do the job and a rewarding commission structure.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com