Senior Broadcast Journalist (LBC News – Producer)
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Senior Broadcast Journalist (LBC News - Producer)
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to News Editors – London
Overview of job
LBC is looking for an experienced senior broadcast journalist to join our rolling news station, LBC News. You will have excellent writing skills and proven experience of producing live news output and working with on-air presenters. You will also be confident in booking stand-out guests and contributors, liaising with reporters and have creative ideas for treatment of stories.
The successful candidate will have plenty of experience in a radio or television newsroom.
You'll have a great passion for news and you will be aware that it happens 24/7, so an understanding this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job is crucial. You should be willing to take ownership for being across the news agenda, and able to lead a develop existing and new formats. Flexibility and versatility in the role is vital.
You will provide editorial guidance where necessary, help set the daily agenda and assist with forward planning.
Working with the News Editors you will help to lead the news operation in London, ensuring our output reflects Global and Ofcom guidelines.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be working on LBC News, one of the fastest growing commercial radio speech stations in the UK.
- No two days are the same; you’ll be setting the pace for the LBC News and working with journalists from Global’s newsrooms across the UK!
- This can lead to excellent career progression.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Been trained to use our newsroom and studio facilities.
- Shown leadership in setting the news agenda and produced stand-out content on LBC News.
- Set the standard in the quality of output across LBC News.
- Been given additional responsibilities and stepped up to support newsroom management.
Responsibilities of the role
- The person in this position will have a relevant journalism qualification including a legal understanding - and experience in a broadcast newsroom working on a production desk.
- You will be confident in making legally sound and Ofcom-compliant decisions in a timely manner.
- Booking guests and reporters and working closely with LBC News presenters.
- You’ll know how to write creatively and be able to deliver high quality, relevant, timely and accurate news and current affairs content.
- You’ll ensure that everything you and the wider team produces is aligned with legal and broadcast regulations and consistent with Global’s values and standards.
- Identifying and helping to train and support the next generation of hard-working broadcast journalists.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Delivering standout, OFCOM-compliant content which routinely meets and exceeds Global standards.
- Pitching and delivering exclusive, original content, either on your own or in collaboration with other team members.
- Understanding the importance of specific content across our brand portfolio and be capable of taking ownership for all editorial decisions.
- Responding to changing situations and problem-solving under pressure, to ensure our output is always of the highest standard in all circumstances.
- News happens 24/7 - this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job and flexibility is key.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com