Senior Music Producer, Classic FM
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Senior Music Producer, Classic FM
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Managing Editor, Classic FM
Overview of job
Classic FM seeks an experienced music producer to help take its music offering to the next level, grow & develop its audiences, and continue to build the reputation of the station in the classical music industry.
3 best things about the job
- Working with Classic FM’s Managing Editor, you will be in charge of shaping the music output on the UK’s most popular classical music station
- You’ll get to indulge in your passion for the greatest classical music, every day!
- You’ll be a key part of the Classic FM team working with a hard-working array of presenters and producers!
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Shown ways to hone and improve Classic FM’s music output
- Demonstrated that Classic FM’s music policy is being adhered to by you and all producers
- Shown you have an advanced understanding of how GSelector operates and how Classic FM uses it
- Regularly used the audit trail and analysis features in GSelector to further improve Classic FM’s music output
- Suggested one-off, or regular, music led on-air events crafted to engage Classic FM’s audience as well as support the classical music sector
Responsibilities of the role
- Effectively managing GSelector for Classic FM
- Being in charge of the roll out of Classic FM’s music policy
- Suggesting ways to hone and improve Classic FM’s music policy
- Scheduling some of Classic FM’s most prestigious programmes
- Working with other producers to ensure the music for all programmes is being scheduled effectively
- Selecting new recordings to feature and ensuring the details about these releases are communicated to the wider team
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A deep understanding of GSelector and how it operates to schedule classical music
- An understanding of Classic FM’s music policy and the transferable skills to ensure its effective
- The ability to work to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- A great teammate with the ability to positively influence those around you
- Knowledge of the UK classical music industry with an array of significant contacts
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- A positive disposition with an ability to thrive under pressure
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com