Programme Lead – Media Producer
We are looking for a Programme Lead to join our award winning Bauer Academy in the UK.
You will have day to day responsibility for the co-ordination and high-quality delivery of defined Bauer Academy apprenticeship programmes, with a focus on Media Production (Production Assistant & Media Production Co-ordinator) programmes. You will be the main point of contact for learners and to deliver workshops, carry out regular progress reviews, provide huddles and end point assessment preparation sessions. This role requires careful monitoring of learner progress; interpreting data and feedback to ensure individual learners are on track to reach their potential.
You will report to Bauer Academy’s Senior Apprenticeship Delivery Manager, and work closely with the Head of Programme Performance, Head of Quality, Education Director and Director of Learning Solutions.
How we work
Mixture of home based & office based, with both remote and face to face delivery requirements (some UK travel may be required). The ideal applicant would have a base Bauer location of either London (NW1 7DT), Manchester (M15 4PR) or Peterborough (PE2 6EA) preferably. We would also consider other areas which are in proximity to other Bauer locations. 37.5 hours per week, with a flexible approach to working hours.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties of the Job
- Effective management of allocated apprenticeship programmes to ensure all KPIs are met at programme and learner level.
- Management of programmes includes scheduling, timetabling, initial assessment and onboarding of learners. It also includes ensuring DDT (Off the Job hours) and all necessary resources are available to learners via the Learning Management System
- Delivery of workshops (online and face to face) as defined by the Senior Apprenticeship Delivery Manager, ensuring these satisfy our ‘Big Build’ and quality criteria. When appropriate, book and brief tutors for other specific workshops and programme summits.
- Provide marking and feedback on coursework in a timely manner, ensuring written and verbal communication is clear and constructive.
- Track assignments, DDT (OTJ) hours, and workshop attendance via monthly data packs and take swift and appropriate action where progress is below expectations, as detailed in Bauer Academy’s Attendance & Removal policy.
- Ensure that workshop attendance is recorded and monitored.
- Carry out 8-10 weekly learner/line manager progress reviews and additional development sessions, if required. Ensure coaching sessions are documented in line with Bauer Academy requirements.
- Obtain/supply all programme workshop materials/workbooks and ensure that these are uploaded on to the Learning Management System for learners and filed within the appropriate Teams area.
- Provide accurate and timely information for internal and client quarterly reports and post implementation reviews.
- Work with Bauer Academy’s Operations Manager to ensure that all EPA activity runs smoothly for learners and meets required deadlines, in line with the Bauer Academy’s ‘10 Days to Gateway’ policy.
Qualifications and skills
- Strong knowledge, experience, and skills in relation to programme subject areas (Media Production)
- Excellent time and project management skills – highly organised and a natural multi-tasker
- Strong knowledge of apprenticeship, including DDT (OTJ), EPA and Ofsted requirements (training will be given)
- An engaging and enthusiastic presenter/facilitator with the ability to deliver high quality training virtually and face to face.
- Ability to interpret data / feedback to identify problems and implement solutions.
- Excellent coaching skills to ensure all learners reach their full potential and achieve successful outcomes. Confident when dealing with line managers and learners.
- Strong I.T. literacy and an in-depth knowledge of Learner Management Systems and online teaching techniques
- Able to share success stories and promote the Academy’s work (internally and externally) to grow awareness for the Academy brand.
- Flexible – willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Highly collaborative, with good inter-personal skills – persuasive, bright and positive
Expiry Date 3rd January 2024
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
- Discounted high street vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
- Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
- Opportunity to buy additional holiday
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
- Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
- Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
- Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives