Social Media Executive (Part Time)
Bay Broadcasting is one of Ireland’s most exciting radio groups and the operators of Radio Nova, Ireland’s Classic Hits Radioand Sunshine 106.8. We employ a team of 55 across multiple departments with a strong focus of programming, innovation, commercial and digital /
social. We’re based at Castleforbes House in Dublin’s iconic Docklands area.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Social Media Executive to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual who will be responsible for managing our social media platforms and creating engaging and visually appealing content
to connect with our audience. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about social media.
You will have a good appreciation and understanding of the tone and personality of our radio brands and the ability to capture that in social media output. Ideally, you will also have a good knowledge of the radio and entertainment industry and possess creative ideas on how brands like Radio Nova, Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio and Sunshine 106.8 can grow our appeal to our audiences in Dublin and nationwide.
This is an exciting role for an experienced social media executive, allowing you the creative scope to build on an already highly engaged and loyal social and on-air audience.
In this exciting and fast-paced role, you will:
- Act as guardian of our social media channels with ownership of the content planning, scheduling, daily calendar, and distribution plan for our social channels striking a perfect balance between original and user generated content with the ability to
react at short notice.
- Collaborate with on-air content teams to create and repurpose radio content rapidly to our online channels and manage presenters in participating in this.
- Support the radio stations when required on outside broadcasts or special events when called upon which may require work outside normal office hours.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of managing and analysing posts and preparing plans for how we can best utilise Instagram, Facebook, TikTok etc.
- Update our social media accounts daily with compelling content, such as news, events and interviews.
- Engage with our audience by responding to comments, messages, and inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
- Create captivating visual content for our social media platforms using design software like Canva, Photoshop, or Publisher, ensuring that our posts are both engaging and visually appealing.
- A real passion for radio and the brands you’re working with.
- Technical knowledge and experience of social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube.
- 2 years plus experience in a similar role.
- Ability to edit ‘on-the-go’ with various apps - for the purposes of posting to social channels.
- Experience using digital analytics suites e.g. Google Analytics and scheduling tools e.g. Echobox.
- Knowledge of Facebook Business Manager & Twitter for Business required - TikTok for business experience welcomed.
- Video editing, graphic design and animation skills are desirable.
- Experience of executing targeted paid-social campaigns.
- Experience of CMS (content management systems) or similar for website posting.
- Knowledge of media copyright desirable.
- A solid knowledge of radio brands and products.
- A strong sense of what content will engage our audiences.
- The ability to keep up to date on social media trends.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to forward plan.
- A strong work ethic and desire to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- A creative mind and quick wit!
Interested parties can should apply with their CV and examples of their work to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is Friday 17th November at 5pm.