Social Media Producer, Casual
Virgin Radio is the best place to work in the world, why wouldn’t you want to be part of it?
Broadcasting from the top of the News UK Building in London Bridge, Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky and The Graham Norton Radio Show with Waitrose.
We’re looking for a world class Social Media Producer to come and take our morning social presence to the next level. Reporting to the Digital Manager, you’ll be working directly with The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky team on bringing the show to life on the timelines of its existing fans, and crucially, potential new listeners!
We are looking for a creative, journalistically-driven social media producer to produce lively, impactful social media content for Virgin Radio UK, with a particular focus on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky.
We want someone who lives and breathes social media and has a good understanding of and passion for great radio. You will be the link between the show and its listeners, and help maintain a circular relationship between us and them!
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Create social media posts that showcase the best of our output
- Write accurate, engaging copy
- Produce creative videos, graphics and other shareable multimedia posts to enhance our visibility
- React rapidly to on-air output and support the show team by reflecting fast-moving topics as they develop and change
- Collaborate with producers and presenters on social-specific ideas and see them through from conception to delivery
- Communicate directly with listeners to answer their queries, provide consumer support or help turn their engagement into content
What we’re looking for from you:
- Experience in writing and creating compelling, successful social media content, especially on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Facebook
- Passion for music, entertainment and social media
- Experience of working in the media sector and/or radio a bonus
- Technical proficiency in multimedia technology including video editing systems, Photoshop etc
- Proactive and motivated, with a willingness to take on any task
- Positive collaborative approach to working in a busy studio environment
- Availability to work morning shifts from our London Bridge studios
What's in it for you?
We love our business and what we do. We want you to love work as much as we do so we promise to offer on-the-job training and development enabling you to be the best you can be.
We are Wireless: Our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which have become destinations for millions of listeners across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Our success is rooted in delivering content our audiences love. talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station, partnering with the Premier League and other leading sports bodies to deliver live commentaries and analysis from the best in the business. Virgin Radio UK is the home of The Chris Evans Breakfast show, Graham Norton at the weekends, and the best music. Times Radio and talkRADIO are the UK’s most exciting national speech radio services, offering fresh choice in news and current affairs across multiple platforms. From FM104 in Dublin, to Cork’s 96FM, our Irish local radio brands are distinguished by their connections with their communities.
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.