Station Assistant – Scala Radio
Scala Radio is one of Bauer’s newest radio brands, a classical music and entertainment station broadcasting across the UK on DAB digital radio. Presenters include Angellica Bell, Penny Smith, Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode, and we play a broad range of classical styles including showtunes from musicals and film, TV and video game soundtracks. The programming team is creative, focused and supportive, working closely with the marketing and digital teams to spread the word about Scala far and wide!
Of all the other Bauer radio brands, Scala Radio is most closely aligned to Magic, and the brands are managed by the same Content Director.
The focus of this role will be to provide content, production, administrative and ad hoc support to the Scala Radio team, with a particular focus on providing production support to our flagship weekday show with Mark Forrest (10am-1pm).
- Principal point of contact for all Scala Radio listener enquiries
- Provide on-air programming support including: Weekday Requests; Edit audio using Audition to create show features, interviews and production packages; Research and fact-check show features; Checking/segueing pre-recorded and voice-tracked shows before broadcast; Archive broadcast audio; Take minutes at weekly programming meeting
- You’ll also work with the music team, assisting with the loading of new music and reporting of music/performer details for PRS and PPL returns.
- Support programming and marketing teams in coordinating and managing on-air and online competitions.
- Ad hoc admin duties for the team as required, including booking meeting rooms, studios, taxis, travel and accommodation.
The Ideal Candidate
The ability to build brilliant relationships whilst working in a time-pressured environment is at the heart of everything you’ll do in this role, so you’ll bring
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adjust to changing deadlines.
- A positive attitude, willing to learn and pick up new roles and responsibilities as required.
- A positive and professional written and spoken manner when dealing with listeners.
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed.
The role requires production skills, so you’ll bring:
- Experience producing audio using Audition, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience using broadcast playout systems (Zetta), or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience working with studio equipment, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience or an interest in learning more about music scheduling (GSelector).
- A passion for radio!