Station Assistant – Scala Radio
Bauer Media Audio is Europe’s leading digital commercial broadcaster and audio operator. Experts in the power of sound, the company reaches over twenty-five million listeners daily through its market-leading broadcast radio, online services, and podcasts. Spanning 8 countries - the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Poland and Slovakia - BM Audio owns leading brands including Magic, KISS, Mix Megapol, Absolute Radio, Scala Radio, Radio Norge, Radio Expres, Radio Nova, Radio 100 and RMF.
Scala Radio is one of Bauer’s newest radio brands, a classical music and entertainment station broadcasting across the UK on DAB digital radio. The programming team is creative, focused and supportive, working closely with the marketing and digital teams to spread the word about Scala far and wide!
Of all the other Bauer radio brands, Scala Radio is most closely aligned to Magic, and the brands are managed by the same Content Director.
The Focus of your role:
To provide content, administrative, production and ad hoc support to the Scala Radio team, with a particular focus on providing production support to our flagship weekday show with Mark Forrest (10am-1pm).
What you’ll do:
- Principal point of contact for all Scala Radio listener enquiries.
- Provide on-air programming support including:
- Weekday Requests
- Edit audio using Audition to create show features, interviews and production packages
- Research and fact-check show features
- Checking/segueing pre-recorded and voicetracked shows before broadcast
- Archive broadcast audio
- You’ll also work with the music team, assisting with the loading of new music and reporting of music/performer details for PRS and PPL returns.
- Support programming and marketing teams in coordinating and managing on air and online competitions.
- Ad hoc admin duties for the team as required, including booking meeting rooms, studios, taxis, travel and accommodation.
What you’ll bring;
The ability to build brilliant relationships whilst working in a time-pressured environment is at the heart of everything you’ll do in this role, so you’ll bring:
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adjust to changing deadlines.
- A positive attitude, willing to learn and pick up new roles and responsibilities as required.
- A positive and professional written and spoken manner when dealing with listeners.
- Great team working skills, and the ability to support others in the team as needed.
The role requires production skills, so you’ll bring:
- Experience producing audio using Audition, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience using broadcast playout systems (Zetta), or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience working with studio equipment, or a demonstrated willingness to learn.
- Experience or an interest in learning more about music scheduling (GSelector).
- A passion for radio!
What we’ll offer you:
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, you’ll need to send us your CV along with a cover letter and a short review (200-250 words) of Mark Forrest’s weekday show.