Producer – KISS
We are looking for a Producer to join the KISS team in London
As a KISS Producer you will always positively contribute to the production and development of multi-platform programming and projects across the KISS channels. Programming will include studio-based live shows, pre-recorded shows - both music and entertainment orientated. Also contributing to digital ideas and executions collaborating with our social and video team. You will work both independently and as part of a team.
This role will be focussed on The KISS Hype Chart – a music based show where we reflect on what the audience are loving right now, whilst introducing them to their next favourite tunes and artists. You will also be asked to work on / plan other shows on the network. A passion for and knowledge of the KISS music sphere is essential for this role and you’ll be responsible for planning interview content and reflecting musical trends.
KISS brings the most current music, culture, opportunity, vibes and energy to Bauer. The brand operates on linear radio, social, on-demand platforms, free or Premium, live or when you want it, in real life at events, or through your speakers and phones. Everyone at KISS has had a different path to becoming part of the team – and we celebrate that. KISS is an experience and a pioneering, energetic, passionate and fun place to be. We value realness and honesty. We always have something relevant to tell you about. A place where everyone is welcome. We like a laugh but we’re always kind and promise to practice what we preach. We contribute, stick our necks out – and we have opinions. We are on your level and will earn your attention - never demand it. We will never stand still. We will always hold up great talent we believe in. It’s our job to make things. Above all music is our life. We believe in happy teams making the best content.
You’ll be responsible for a strand or collection of shows and content. The shows/ areas of the Network may change over time with business need, your personal development and evolving nature of a brand like KISS in mind.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Future content planning and daily production of assigned shows.
- Effective briefing and execution of all commercial (S&P) activity working with the Deputy Content Director and Content Director – also wider commercial project managers.
- Plan and co-produce associated digital content (video, social media).
- Management and development of assistant producer(s) and other junior members of the team
- Ensuring healthy talent performance day to day. Managing feedback loops, ambition and presenters’ relationships with the brand day to day.
- Confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- Confident studio operation (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial and creative decision making during live shows and in the edit.
Reasonable flexibility with hours and working days essential. Your starting shift pattern may change to other areas of the network. You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
As a KISS Producer you will be expected to support your fellow team members, if and when needed. This could include other studio-based live or pre-recorded shows.
What we’re looking for
- Passion, authenticity and creativity. A positive attitude. You’re determined to do your best.
- Excellent editing and automation skills for production of programmes and mixes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Basic social media content execution abilities (IDEAL: basic Photoshop or similar/ video editing/ digital asset creation/ basic photography)
- Demonstrating strong awareness of new/current KISS music (Dance Music, Pop Music, Black Music) and culture essential.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta used currently at Bauer).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
Expiry date 20th July 2023