Technical Operator, Casual Work
Technical Operator, Casual Work
Virgin Radio UK is the home of Chris Evans at breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekends. Chris Evans returned to his spiritual home to present the breakfast show, and is in good company with an incredible lineup of presenters including Ricky Wilson and Jayne Middlemiss. Other stations in the network include Virgin Radio Anthems, playing Classic Tracks; Virgin Radio Chilled, with music to kick back to and Virgin Radio 80s Plus playing the best 80s music.c and the summer pop-up station, Virgin Radio Pride for the LGBTQ+ community.
Day to day you will:
- Be the final point of quality control for our National Radio Stations, producing balanced, great sounding radio
- Putting guests and presenters to air in our state of the art radio studios
- Working closely with Producers and Phone Operators in an exciting, fast paced environment
- Performing line tests with contributors
- Scheduling and controlling our studio playout system, RCS Zetta and RCS GSelector
- Mixing and influencing the sound of our stations through our Telos AxiaFusion audio consoles
- Controlling our studio visualisation system, MultiCAM
- Working with our studio phone and outside source suit, BionicStudio/PhoneBOX
What we’re looking for from you:
- Knowledge of and experience working with audio in a live environment
- Experience with studio equipment, microphones and headphones
- Experience with recording audio onto solid state recorders
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communicator
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
News UK is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.