News & Sports Reporter
Live95 is the Market Leading Radio Station in Limerick City and County with over 100,000 people tuning in each week.We provide broad format Music and Entertainment, Local News and Talk to our audience. Live95 also has a strong online following on live95.ie and across our social platforms.
The Team: Live95 News and Sports Team - we work closely with the Live 95 Limerick Today team to bring Limerick all the breaking news stories across Limerick as well as in depth analysis of the stories and issues that matter to our Limerick audience.
Your Role: In this role you will write, produce, present and report on Limerick news and sport stories for Live95’s hourly radio bulletins and online platforms. You could be interviewing the Taoiseach in the morning and reporting on a rugby match in the afternoon. Every day is different.
Day to day you will:
- Pitch and provide original content for multi-platform outlets, including programming, online and social media
- Respond to breaking news
- Undertaking of relevant background news research
- Liaise with other members of the production and technical teams
- Be required to collate and deliver bulletins
- Deliver reports live on our current affairs programme Limerick Today, engaging with the presenter on a wide variety of topics from breaking news to court stories or sporting events
- Ensure content observes BAI Guidelines
- Shift work will be required which will include early/late shifts, weekends and public holidays.
What we’re looking for from you:
- A knowledge of Limerick and understanding of the LImerick news landscape is essential, as is a passion for serving the Limerick audience
- An energetic journalist with flair and imagination to craft relevant news content for the audience.
- An ability to write accurate, tight and easily understood news copy.
- An excellent knowledge of news gathering, social media and digital content management systems.
- Ability to work well and calmly in a live newsroom environment; handle a rapidly changing news agenda and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Knowledge of Burli and Adobe editing systems is an asset.
- Have an ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes
- A passion for sport and knowledge of Limerick sport is an asset
- A full clean drivers licence
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site and send a demo reel to email@example.com with the subject line LIVE95 NEWS & SPORTS REPORTER APPLICATION.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org