WANTED: SENIOR TALK SHOW PRODUCER – IRELAND’S CLASSIC HITS RADIO
Ireland’s Classic Hits is Ireland's only multicity radio service, broadcasting to more than 2.3M people in eight of the largest counties in Ireland – Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Clare, Kildare, Meath & Wicklow, with a weekly reach of 296,000.
We’re looking to hire a Senior Producer for our leading news and current affairs show – The Niall Boylan Show. The Show is broadcast Monday to Thursday at 9pm. We're looking for an experienced, creative and ambitious producer, who can set and manage the editorial agenda in line with our station brand content and public relations strategy, by producing innovative editorial output.
The successful candidate will have the ability and expertise to generate and research ideas for the Talk Show and generate entertaining and engaging content for the programme. You will assist with creating and producing high quality and distinct current affairs and associated
feature content for the Niall Boylan Talk Show and associated podcast and digital content that will help grow the audience the show.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, experienced, have a broad knowledge of all current affairs and international events, have great attention-to-detail and be creative, proactive, confident, and ambitious.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to spot and develop stories that get people's attention
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- The ability to work on your own initiative
- An innate understanding of what makes good radio content
- Proficient at audio editing
- Possess an impressive contact list
- A strong interest in and understanding of topical news, current affairs, sport, lifestyle,
entertainment, social issues, and all types of current content
- On air experience welcomed but not essential
- Proficient at social media platforms and publishing suitable, attention-grabbing, content
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A strong knowledge of BAI Codes and Standards
- PR experience and a history of dealing with
- Experience with event management welcomed but not essential
What you will do:
- Manage the strategy for the station's talk show output
- Play a leading role in all aspects of daily production for the show
- Generate and research ideas for the programme.
- Source potential contributors and interviewees.
- Live produce and react to breaking news or change in content direction
- Undertake editing, interviewing, and reporting duties, as necessary.
- Compile creative and engaging audio pieces
- Develop and implement the editorial vision for the programme
- Manage projects and liaise with programme and public relations management as part of the station’s strategy for the talk show
- Generate and develop creative, original, and new ideas
- Represent the station by producing content that communicates directly and
professionally with listeners
- Organise and manage editorial meetings
- Arrange and produce live outside broadcasts where possible
- Using technology, such as Cool Edit Pro and Adobe Audition for editing and production
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to maximise commercial and PR
- Develop content for Classic Hits’ social media platforms
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ experience in a similar role and will have a qualification in journalism or a related discipline
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Wednesday 18th January, 2023.
Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio is an equal opportunities employer.