Producer, Capital XTRA
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Producer, Capital XTRA
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Deputy Managing Editor, Capital XTRA
Overview of job
Capital XTRA is one of the UK’s fastest growing radio stations playing the biggest Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime, Garage, and Afrobeat’s.
We are looking for a Producer to help take Capital XTRA to the next level. With a focus on The Evening Show, you’ll be working creatively with the presenter to deliver engaging 360 content, including exciting ticket giveaways and interviews with our artists!
3 best things about the job
- You will be responsible for producing one of the most exciting shows and be the driving force behind the creative direction of the show.
- You’ll play a central role devising and implementing industry leading content and show features.
- You’ll be producing engaging interviews with some of the world’s biggest stars as well as established and emerging Homegrown talent, launching the content and crafting PR-able moments for the brand!
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Built great relationships with your presenters and the wider Capital XTRA Programming team.
- Contributed and implemented exciting multi-platform creative ideas and show features.
- Built a topical plan for the next few months for your shows.
- Built a great collaborative relationship with Capital XTRA’s digital team and become instrumental in helping to drive our digital content strategy forward, with a particular focus on Global Player.
Responsibilities of the role
- Handling the live studio environment of one of Capital XTRA’s flagship shows.
- Guiding and giving feedback to the presenting teams during and after live shows.
- Developing and implementing daily show features, competitions and interviews for your show.
- Responsible for planning, crafting and delivering award winning on-air content.
- Produce, collate and distribute all relevant scripts and show planning documents daily.
- Attention to detail to ensure consistent high-quality work is being produced.
- You’ll be creating content with established and emerging talent crafted to generate PR and viral moments
- You’ll handle relationships with talent bookers and Global’s artist liaison team, ensuring the best guests and ideas get booked for your show.
- Coordinating all external and internal communications for your shows.
- You’ll take the lead on special programming projects across the station
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Plenty of producer experience with a track record for producing top rating radio programmes.
- The ability to get the best out of big personalities and handle the pressure that comes with working with some of the very best talent in the industry.
- Pride in your creativity. You’ll be full of great ideas and be able to stimulate others too.
- You’ll bring out the best from Capital XTRA’s presenter talent. Both well-established personalities that have seen it all and forward-thinking emerging talent, who need strong guidance.
- You’ll have strong communication skills, collaborating on all levels from management to presenters, teammates, and clients.
- A passion for the content and music on Capital XTRA and an acute awareness of how to engage a 15-34 audience across multiple platforms.
- You’ll be confident when working towards your own personal objectives while helping others in achieving business goals; setting and stretching new standards.
- On top of that, you’ll be someone who understands how to use digital platforms and build digital content to grow reach and help deliver subscribers for Global Player.
- You’ll have an excellent working knowledge of audio editing software, in particular Adobe Audition
- Experience with Zetta is useful but not a requirement
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global