Broadcast Engineers are integral members of the Bauer Media Audio team. Our Broadcast Engineers not only support our FM, AM, DAB and IP transmission chains, they also look after our studios, our video and our playout systems. They are the people that staff turn to when something needs to get done.
The team is made up of four Broadcast Engineers. The four Broadcast Engineers (of which this role is one) are the front-line team and are the face of engineering in the South Region. They will deal with any issues that they can and lean on the wider team for any issues that they can’t solve themselves. The role involves looking after the broadcast technology at our broadcast centres across the South of the UK.
Your role is to provide broadcast engineering and technical support to our users. You will work in a team of other Broadcast Engineers and must be committed to high levels of service and quality. You’ll get a kick out of technology and will love working in the fast-paced environment of radio. You’ll enjoy looking after our users as well as implementing and supporting elegant technical solutions. Helping people will not be a chore for you; it will be why you get out of bed each morning.
You’ll work closely with other members of the Radio Technology team and other technology teams within Bauer to ensure that:
- Broadcast faults are resolved as quickly as possible.
- Maintenance procedures are created and implemented to ensure the highest possible availability for our brands.
- Systems are thoroughly documented
- Users are trained on how to use key applications and systems.
- Work is conducted thoroughly, neatly, and methodically at all times
- Outside broadcasts are successfully delivered by liaising with teams to choose appropriate technology and ensure high quality broadcast from remote locations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Familiarity with audio equipment
- A good working knowledge of IT principles including Networking and Microsoft Infrastructure.
- Electronics Maintenance