Business Development Executive
Intro to Station/ Business:
FM104 is a leading local commercial broadcaster in Dublin. FM104 was the first local commercial station launched in Ireland and has held an enviable position at the top of the market for many years as Dublin’s Hit Music station. Designed for 15-34 year old Dubliners, FM104 is the soundtrack to their young, urban lifestyle. Q102 serves the city’s 35-55 year olds with a custom music choice carefully blending the best of today’s adult releases with the biggest hits of past decades. Q102 is Dublin’s ‘feelgood choice’.
The Team: The successful candidate will be joining one of the most professional and hard working sales teams in the media industry. Made up with varying degrees of experience the FM104/Q102 team are an award winning group with the focus on client relationships, cross platform solution selling and customer service.
Your Role: Reporting into the sales manager, you will be part of the commercial team in 2 of Dublin's biggest media brands, joining a truly dynamic organisation where every day is a new challenge. Your role will be pivotal in cross platform solutions selling across a suite of products including digital, radio and more. You will be joining a team full of diversity with fun, energetic, enthusiastic and innovative people and we are always looking for new ways of thinking.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of new business acquisition and development with the drive & ambition to bring our brands to new commercial customers.
Day to day you will:
- Be a driving force in the growth of the direct sales team
- Build and manage a sales pipeline through prospecting efforts & converting them to sales
- Develop and deliver bespoke sales presentations to clients
- Assist in the successful expansion of the company’s goals and objectives by achieving & exceeding personal & team targets
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through CRM systems
- Represent FM104 & Q102 as required and be an ambassador for the brands at client events when necessary
- Maintain all areas of sales governance up to date as required by Sales Manager
What we’re looking for from you:
- A proven track record of success in Business Development & Account Management
- 3+ years sales experience (media sales preferred but not essential)
- Must have strong cold-calling skills & field sales background
- Track record of over-achieving quota in past positions
- Ability to manage the full sales-cycle, from lead sourcing to closing
- Efficient in Microsoft tools including Excel & PowerPoint
- Must have a passion for Media
- Own car plus a full clean drivers licence
- Competitive Basic Salary + mileage allowance + Commission above target earnings
We are Wireless Ireland: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of News Broadcasting with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond. Wireless Ireland is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at Wireless Ireland: At Wireless Ireland our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the Wireless Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- A pension scheme with employer contributions
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.