Content Controller – Capital Scotland
Communicorp UK is an audio and media group, home to some of the most exciting brands in UK radio, a leader in sport audio, mobile digital out of home and creative media services. Our radio brands include Capital Networks in Scotland and South Wales, Heart Networks in Yorkshire, Hertfordshire and North Wales, Smooth Radio Networks in the North East, North West and East Midlands as well as XS Manchester.
Our aim is to deliver ideas, relationships and results better than anyone else in the industry. In return for delivering your very best work, we will provide you with your platform to perform, your canvas to create and the autonomy to do what you do best.
We are seeking a Content Controller to lead our team at Capital Scotland.
Reporting to the Brand Content Director, you will be responsible for producing the breakfast show and leading the programming team to produce high-quality programs. You’ll help to motive and grow talent, and ensure the smooth delivery of live shows.
- Ensure full compliance of broadcasting standards and regulations.
- Build an outstanding presentation team through great leadership, planning, coaching, and creative content development.
- Produce the breakfast show daily to develop a world-class show in the market.
- Engage our Scottish audiences with world-class content on multiple platforms, including radio, digital, and more.
- Flexibilty to work unsociable hours when required, such as early mornings and weekends.
- Use creativity and innovation to deliver great new ideas, responding to trends.
- Coordinate logistics such as outside broadcasts, and recorded interviews.
- Manage and organise the programming team to ensure high quality programming standards.
- Collaborate with the marketing teams to build the Capital brand throughout the market.
- Work with the commercial teams to deliver engaging commercial partner activity.
- Work with the CCUK and Global programming teams to deliver collective success.
- Represent CCUK in the right way to our stakeholders.
- Oversee the production of promotional materials, such as on air trailers.
- Build a robust system for archiving award-worthy content.
- A creative mind, not afraid to pitch innovative ideas.
- A genuine passion for radio and audio.
- Bravery to challenge and enhance ideas using coaching and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A leader who can build and maintain a strong connection with people.
- Highly organised with great attention to detail.
- Effectively able to manage workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Understand the needs and interests of Capital’s target audience and develop ideas that align with their preferences.
- Knowledge of Ofcom broadcast codes and standards.
- A passion for radio and a deep understanding of its role in the central Scotland market.
- An understanding of the Capital brand and the music we play.
- You will be Smart, Bold, and Engaging, and display our values of Bravery, Passion, and Integrity in the work you do.
- Experience in radio programming and audio content production via Adobe Audition.
- Great leadership skills with the abilty to lead talent to success through great coaching and development.
- Experience in developing creative content ideas, utilising multiple platforms to reach audiences.
- Strong planning, organisation and communication skills
- Collaborating as part of a successful team
- A track record of success
- Video editing skills in Adobe Premier Pro.
- Image editing skills in Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience in Genesys playout
- Salary according to experience
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Holiday buy & sell