Your mission is to play a key role in our content department creating brilliant and innovative audio and video to excite our Capital audiences in Scotland and South Wales. You will work with the Content Director to implement the content and digital strategy for our stations.
In return for this, we will provide you with your platform to perform, your canvas to create and the right autonomy to do what you do best. This includes:
- Producing the Capital Scotland drive show, creating stand out daily content to excite our Capital Scotland audience – smartly planning engaging features and reacting swiftly to new opportunities and last minute celebrity appearances.
- This role includes digital and video support for our Capital South Wales station. You will need to plan your days to allow time devoted to social asset production for both our Capital stations.
- Have your finger on the pulse of our listeners’ lives – you’ll have to know where they eat, drink and sleep to research and create content about the best new trends in Central Scotland.
- Excel in video – our audiences expect quality on par with their favourite Youtube stars and you’ll be expected to record, edit and manage our content and standards. We have the personalities and the passion, we need you to make them shine.
- Grow our digital audiences and build a community of engaged fans and brand champions.
- Work with our marketers to support their initiatives with digital expertise and insight.
- Build relationships with contributors internally at other sites and develop a network of local contacts.
- Ensure all brand guidelines are upheld through all on air and digital output.
You will need to be smart, bold and engaging and be able to display our company values in the work you do; Bravery, Integrity and Passion. You should be as passionate about working in radio as we are and have extensive experience in idea development and media.
- You must have a least 2 years of professional in-studio radio production experience.
- You’ll need to be a creative thinker and full of ideas.
- You’ll understand digital culture, how audiences consume content and be on top of the latest trends.
- You should have an understanding of the radio markets in Central Scotland and South Wales.
- Impeccable time management and organisational skills are a must.
- You’ll be an expert communicator and team player.
- You’ll have an interest in interpreting data to measure and plan your success.
- Experience in developing social media strategies, not just as a consumer but a content creator.
- Developed skills in using photographic, video equipment and Adobe editing software are essential.
- Extensive understanding of the Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
- A strong knowledge and passion for the output of Capital.
You will report to the Capital Content Director and be based in Glasgow at Capital Scotland.