Digital Editor at Greatest Hits Radio
This is a unique opportunity for a Digital Editor to lead the Digital team at Greatest Hits Radio. As a Digital Editor you will work closely with Production, Marketing, Commercial and the wider Digital team as a leader in the creation of innovative digital and social content.
Working alongside the Content Directors, marketing team and the core content team for Greatest Hits Radio, you will help devise and deliver a compelling and creative digital strategy which grows awareness of the brand and drives trial.
You’ll be working with a passionate team who believe in the opportunity Greatest Hits Radio brings as being one of the UK’s biggest radio networks. You’ll understand the vision and play a vital role in helping Bauer achieve this ambition.
Greatest Hits Radio is the UK’s fastest growing radio network and Bauer’s biggest radio station. With 4.4 million listeners already – we have big ambitions, with our recent signing of Ken Bruce a demonstration of our intent for even more growth.
The biggest songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s are played by presenters you know and love, such as Simon Mayo, Jackie Brambles, Paul Gambaccini and more.
Our audience are 40+ adults who are intelligent, funny and loving life more than ever before. The kids are flying the coup, so our audience are ‘Reclaimers’ with the time and money to do something about it! Most importantly, they have never lost their passion for having fun!
This is a Hybrid role connected to our London office
· You will be required to demonstrate leadership in creating compelling, shareable, on-brand content for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You will be accomplished at driving engagement and new listeners via digital platforms.
· Your role will include creating and managing a plan for content, coverage and promotions which represents the 24/7 nature of the radio station.
· You will be across Key Performance Indicators for third party and owned channels using analytics tools.
· The role requires demonstrable team leadership skills and the ability to influence production and presentation teams. You will be managing a small team of social media and video creatives
· You will have experience of working with broadcasting talent that are at the top of their game in UK radio and be able to forge great relationships with them to create content of the very highest quality.
· You will have experience creating new digital formats for broadcast brands.
· You have a healthy obsession with the music played on Greatest Hits Radio – the biggest songs of the 70s, 80s and 90s
· You care about what’s relevant and essential for our audience. You appreciate the diversity of our target audience and live by a right content, right platform, right time mentality.
· A strong understanding of the music and cultural references of the decades we are rooted in.
· A strong understanding of the social media landscape, demonstrated through previous work and active participation on social networks.
· Strong writing skills and English skills
· Strong communications skills and be able to communicate both in-person and using tools such as Trello, Slack or Teams, with management, stakeholders, subordinates, and peers
· Time management, organisational and prioritising skills essential
· The ability to stay calm under pressure
· Strong understanding of data reporting using platform’s native analytics and Sprout Social
· Always on top of the latest social trends and an understanding of each social platforms algorithms and how to work best within them
· Design skills using software packages such as Adobe Photoshop
· Video filming skills and editing skills, ideally using Adobe Premiere Pro
· Paid social – boosting and building small advertising campaigns