Head of Video Operations
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Head of Video Operations
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Group Head of Video Production & Operations
Overview of job
As our video team and output grows, we are hiring an exciting new role of Head of Video Operations to optimise and streamline our production processes.
We are looking for someone to bring operational excellence to a hard-working team that work at pace in an agile world!
3 best things about the job
- Working across a diverse and high profile portfolio of brands, events and talent
- Your work will reach MILLIONS of people each month – Global are currently the 8th biggest video publisher in the UK reaching 40m individuals and generating 200m+ video views!
- Ability to influence our video production process, helping set the strategic direction and making priority calls across Global video.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Fully appraised our video workflows and procurement and prioritised areas of development.
- Identified key tooling and systems required for unified, efficient video production workflows across the business.
- Started to trial processes and workflows to enable transparency across resourcing and spend.
- Gained key partner buy-in for workflow practices across marketing, programming and senior management.
- Introduced effective governance for green-lighting new video projects.
- Began to understand through your knowledge of Global’s brands and people when to push for the ambitious and ‘impossible’ and when to say no.
Responsibilities of the role
- Provide clear reporting and communications on who is doing what, why and when across Global’s video team; working with the senior production manager to ratify that projects are well planned, dependencies understood, and issues can get escalated to the right forum for resolution.
- Put in place reporting and metrics which provide Global with complete transparency on resource allocation and costs.
- Provide outstanding organisational leadership, direction and best practise for teams and projects.
- Manage Global’s video budget and head count, liaise with finance, provide detailed reporting to key partners.
- Establish a PMO to track and report on video pipeline, costs, resource, videos produced, and video views achieved to help quantify ROI.
- Apply effective and consistent governance and authority in helping to green light video projects.
- Manage all CAPEX spend and budget on equipment and kit.
- Identify market leading outsource partners and freelance pools to enable seamless scaling of teams when vital.
- Management and leadership of the production management team.
- Leading all aspects of contracts in conjunction with the legal counsel.
- Management of insurance and additional cover required.
- Ensuring compliance in licensing for music, locations, library content etc – and oversight / management of these services.
- Take a longer-term view of video demand, ensure that the capability and capacity of the video team is aligned and able to meet the challenge.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- 7+ years in a senior video operations or production management role.
- A natural leader, able to motivate and encourage a team.
- Outstanding organisational and reporting/tracking skills
- Great partner management, ability to communicate granular detail in an accessible way.
- Ability to work across a number of time sensitive projects in a high-volume content environment.
- A passion for organisational excellence and applying standardisation of approach across projects.
- A perfectionist with outstanding attention to detail.
- You lead your team by example, setting high standards of integrity, diplomacy, quality, productivity and reliability.
- The ability to prioritise in the abstract – each project is different and not all decisions can be made based on scale, budget and deadline.
- Team Player: You are positive, collaborative and a contagious spirit, who works well with others.
- Experience of live events and music and entertainment related content
- Calm and collected under pressure.
- Excellent understanding of the full video production cycle and workflows from pre to postproduction.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global