Freelance Radio Sales Executive
North Lancashire’s Community Radio Station, Beyond Radio, is looking for a freelance radio advertising sales representative to generate leads, nurture relationships, and secure new advertising and sponsorship partners for the radio station. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in sales, excellent communication skills, and a passion for radio advertising. Ideally, the candidate should also have a strong understanding of community radio.
Broadcasting on two frequencies on FM, DAB+ and via our App and internet sources, Beyond Radio has an excellent reputation for delivering truly local content and great music to North Lancashire and South Cumbria. This role is an important one in ensuring the station’s financial sustainability and in building strong relationships with our business community.
- Generate opportunities through strategic lead generation such as developing relationships within the business community, networking, online lead generation.
- Qualify leads and understand the client’s advertising needs.
- Develop and deliver presentations to potential clients.
- Negotiate contracts and close deals.
- Explore contra-arrangements with potential stakeholders.
- Ensure a smooth delivery of service from lead generation, closing deals and to maintain the ongoing relationships with clients.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in radio advertising.
- Liaising with advert producers to ensure timely creation of content.
- To increase digital advertising opportunities for our website and social media platforms
- Experience of sales, preferably in the radio advertising industry – desirable.
- Knowledge of community radio – desirable.
- Experience in digital advertising sales.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The candidate will preferably have knowledge of the North Lancashire South Cumbria district. The candidate will act on a ‘self-employed’ basis and will be responsible for their own tax and national insurance obligations. On this basis the candidate will have a level of autonomy within their working arrangements. The candidate will be able to work remotely from home with flexible hours but will need to bear in mind the availability of prospective clients.
If you are a highly motivated and results-oriented individual with a passion for sales and advertising, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Sales targets will be set based on current levels of advertising income and expected growth.
The application process for this position is by tender. We would like you to outline how you would approach this position and what your renumeration expectations would be, which can be a combination of basic renumeration and commission or commission only.