Head of Video – Capital
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Head of Video - Capital
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Capital's Managing Editor and the Group Head of Video Production & Operations.
Overview of job
You will be responsible for the smooth creation and delivery of industry-leading video content across all of Global’s brands, but with a particular focus on Capital.
Working alongside our video, radio, digital and social teams you will be encouraged to lead a first-class team in creating outstanding, engaging video content that ensures Global remains at the top of the media industry!
3 best things about the job
- Every day is different – you will be working across a huge breadth of content!
- Working with a hugely talented team – you will learn a lot quickly.
- The opportunity to work on huge video productions and to challenge yourself.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Shaped and evolved Capital’s video output – from radio visualisation to the creation and delivery of original formats/series and large scale productions for publication on social media and Global Player.
- Taken junior members of the team under your wing, whilst handling their workloads, and providing feedback to help them develop their video production skills
- Successfully handled the high level of video requests from your brands and decided when to do them yourself, when to delegate and when to ask for help or extra resource.
- Influenced the strategy behind our video content and asking the appropriate questions. What are we making? Why are we making it? What platform is it for? How should we adapt the edit for that platform? How could we improve it?
- Learned new, and perfected existing, video production skills and techniques.
- Fostered, grown and developed strong working relationships between video, radio, social and digital team partners.
- Maintained video production excellence across the board.
- Maintained consistent, timely and professional communication across the business.
- Understood and embraced internal processes, workflows and policies.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for creating memorable video content that our audiences will want to share. Your ideas will help bring our brands alive online and on social media.
- Working with the various radio teams to amplify what they are doing on-air, in video.
- Lead ideas sessions to influence Capital’s social video output, bring the best out of our talent and advise how we continue to publish engaging content for our digital audience.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Experienced knowledge of video production techniques and workflows.
- Intermediate/Expert knowledge and understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro is a must. Experience with other Adobe Suite apps such as After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of advanced filming / camera operating techniques. Particular experience with the Sony FS7 range would be advantageous.
- A solid understanding of the social media landscape, the need to adapt content per platform and the ability to plan shoots to cater for them.
- A can-do attitude, willing to go above and beyond and to always be professional and courteous towards your colleagues and external contractors.
- Previous experience handling junior members of a team and helping to develop their skills
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global