Hit Mix Presenter
Please note that we require an MP3 demo to be sent to us alongside your application.
Into to Station/ Business:
Cork’s 96FM & C103 is one of Ireland’s biggest and most successful local radio businesses. Operating from Broadcasting House in the city, Cork’s 96FM is the home to Lorraine & Ross in the Morning. C103 plays Cork’s Greatest Hits from studios in both Mallow and Bandon. Both brands attract almost a quarter of a million adult listeners across Cork City and County each week.
Your Role: In this role you will produce and present the HitMix show on Cork’s 96FM. The programme is also broadcast on our sister station, Live95 in Limerick. It airs Monday to Friday from 8pm to Midnight.
What we’re looking for from you:
- An energetic and outgoing personality who can create and deliver engaging content that connects with our audience both on-air and online.
- A digital native as comfortable making and featuring in content as you are savvy across all platforms.
- Demonstrable broadcast experience of music presentation geared for a young adult audience.
- Good broadcasting voice.
- Knowledge and experience of audio playout systems and editing – preferably RCS Zetta and Adobe - is highly desirable..
- A team player who can work seamlessly with everyone at Cork’s 96FM and Live 95.
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site and send an MP3 demo to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 96FM HITMIX PRESENTER APPLICATION.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News
At News UK & Ireland some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to offer exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks.
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.