Social Media Producer
The Team: Times Radio has shaken up the broadcasting firmament since launching in June 2020. As a live news radio station, we have already built up a strong reputation for providing well-informed, thoughtful and intelligent news and discussion, covering the key stories of the day. We have combined the famous journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with the radio experience of Wireless to create a station that - according to our first Rajar - already has over 630,000 weekly listeners. We have a world-class line-up of presenters talking to excellent guests, who value conversation over confrontation.
Your Role: We are looking for social media producers to produce lively, impactful social media content for Times Radio. We want people who understand the daily news agenda, are video enthusiasts, and know what does well across platforms.
Day to day you will:
- Create social media posts that showcase the best output from Times Radio Write impactful and compelling posts that share the strongest news and politics lines from Times Radio stories and interviews
- Produce creative videos and graphics and shareable multimedia posts to enhance the visibility of Times Radio Collaborate with presenters and the broadcast teams to improve and make the most of the visualised studio output
- Pitch ideas for clever coverage of the daily news agenda and find new ways to connect with the Times Radio audience across social platforms.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Strong copywriting skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of how to create successful social media content, especially on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- Passion for news and working in a newsroom
- Technical proficiency in Adobe CSS
- Proactive and motivated, with a willingness to take on any task
- Positive collaborative approach to working in a busy newsroom
We are Wireless: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at Wireless
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 8 employee-led networks; Cultural Diversity, News is Out, GenZ, Sustainability Champions, News for Parents, Women in Tech, News UK Christian Fellowship and we are awaiting the launch of our Women’s Steering Group.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at Wireless supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. We offer private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions, discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes, and a ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme, as well as offering opportunities for physio/massage, counselling and legal support.
In addition we also offer:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.