Junior Motion Graphics Designer/Video Editor
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Junior Motion Graphics Designer/Video Editor
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Motion Graphics Editor and Head of Post Production
Overview of job
As a Junior Motion Graphics Designer/Video Editor you will be creating engaging content through motion graphics and editing. You will require a solid knowledge of After Effects and be passionate about motion graphics and design, bringing your creative skills to help our content stand out in a crowd.
You’ll be working on a wide array of exciting projects for our social media channels across all of Global’s brands, including Capital, Capital Xtra, Heart, Radio X and LBC!
A successful candidate will join the central team of shooter/editors, graphic designers and producers who lead all aspects of and run our visualised radio studios and green screen. So, whilst having a focus on motion graphics you’ll also be trained on how to vision mix and shoot.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills. You’ll need to be hard-working and eager to learn and quick at adapting to the needs of the video department. You’ll be proud to show off your work and have a keen eye for detail.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll work on wide-ranging projects and with lots of different people across Global. You’ll also be part of some of Global’s biggest events including Summertime and Jingle Bell Balls at the O2 and Wembley
- You’ll quickly advance your skills in motion design, editing, shooting and vision mixing
- The content you build or be part of creating will be seen by millions of people across our social media platforms
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Been trained by our Motion Graphics Editor on our post-production workflows and processes
- A proven understanding of Global’s brand identities and how graphics are used on their content
- Created animations and motion graphics for our various brands
- Trained on how to record content from our inhouse studios
Responsibilities of the role
- Support the Motion Graphics Editor in creating designs and animations
- Help manage our brand templates and assets library
- Join creative sessions with the various brand video producers to help generate ideas for the graphical elements of their content
- Record and edit content from our visualised radio studio and green screen
What you will need:
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- 1+ year of relevant proven experience in graphic design and editing
- A solid understanding of After Effects and Premiere Pro. Knowledge of creative cloud apps would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Cinema4D would also be a plus
- Good knowledge of Maxon/Red Giant effects, including Trapcode and VFX
- A proven understanding of motion graphics techniques and a great eye for detail
- To be able to work by yourself and in a team
- Be a great communicator, friendly and professional
- Knowledge of cameras and shooting would be an advantage
- The ability to build high-quality graphics to tight deadline
- Be excited by new trends and new techniques, willing to challenge yourself and be hungry to develop and grow
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com