Managing Editor – Heart
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Managing Editor - Heart
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Director of Broadcasting & Content
Overview of job
A rare opportunity has arisen to join the award-winning team at Heart.
As Managing Editor, you’ll be ultimately accountable for the UK’s largest commercial radio station. Key to your role is developing a strategy to continue to grow Heart’s current position as a world leading content provider across its many platforms. You’ll develop and share a vision for the brand, utilising your creative flair to help set Heart apart whilst maintaining the feel good factor of the brand.
As an experienced and credible leader, you’ll steer the future direction of Heart with your team and key stakeholders, taking everyone on the journey. You’ll be working with talent from a variety of disciplines and use your knowledge and understanding of their roles to bring out the best in everyone.
Staying close to the detail is fundamental to your role. You’ll remain involved and responsible for output; finessing the finer details to make every piece of content succeed today, whilst continually thinking about how you make things even better tomorrow.
This is an amazing opportunity to be an integral part of our senior Broadcasting & Content team as we work together to achieve some big ambitions
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be leading the UK’s largest commercial radio station
- You’ll be instrumental in determining the content output and future direction of the brand
- You’ll work with some inspiring people in one of the highest profile jobs in broadcasting
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Built great relationships with all Heart employees, presenters and other workers within the wider Broadcasting & Content team.
- Developed a robust understanding of the Heart brand
- Taken the lead on planning and strategy sessions
- Worked with the brand digital team to help deliver outstanding content for Hearts social platforms
Responsibilities of the role
- Developing strategy to grow Hearts current position as one of the UK’s largest commercial radio brands
- Leading from the front in shaping and developing new content for the future
- Bringing the whole Heart team on the journey with you, inspiring the team and our creative partners to be the best they can be
- You’ll know and love Heart. You’ll understand what our target audience loves, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this knowledge at the core of our programming
What you will need
- An ability to quickly grasp and develop the vision for Heart
- A proven track record in a senior programming position with managerial responsibility
- Great leadership skills, exhibiting a high degree of emotional intelligence and ability to inspire creativity and drive in people around you
- Commercially minded, with an ability to find workable solutions to commercial briefs
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders and high-profile people, internally and externally
- Able to juggle multiple projects at once and consistently deliver to a high standard
- A keen ear and eye for detail and quality control
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org