Morning News Anchor – Spin 1038
Bauer Media Audio Ireland is Ireland’s premier media company and the home of some of Europe’s leading commercial media brands. Bauer Media Audio Ireland owns and operates a portfolio of media channels with a strong focus on commercial radio and emerging digital media.
The company maintains some of the largest independent radio networks in Ireland and it continues to be one of the fastest-growing radio networks in the world.
Our brands include Newstalk, Today FM, 98FM, Spin, Spin Southwest and Off The Ball, Red FM, iRadio, Media Central, along with Ireland’s largest digital audio platform, audioXi.
About the Role
We are seeking a News Anchor to join our dynamic news team. The key focus of this role is working to the daily news schedule on Spin 1038. The successful candidate will report to the Group Director of News.
What you’ll do:
- Write and present news curated and crafted to appeal to the Spin audience
- Supply hourly bulletins tailored specifically for both Spin 1038 and Spin Southwest
- Source and identify Spin related stories and content
- Ensure the Spin website is up to date
- Contribute news stories to the wider news pool
- Identify trending stories
- Ensure Spin is leading the charge on viral content
- Generate and execute ideas for original journalism for the Spin audience
- Report from markings and events for both the Spin network and our wider newsroom
- Contribute ideas and content for our internal podcasts
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You have an all-consuming interest and passion for news, current affairs andpop culture.
- You work well under the pressure of tight deadlines and thrive in a busy work environment.
- You have a talent for original journalism and an unrivaled contacts book.
- You have excellent storytelling skills.
- You have superb copywriting ability.
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- Thorough knowledge of the regulatory and legal environment
- Thorough knowledge of the workings of the institutions of the state
- Have a third-level degree in a relevant discipline
Closing date for applications is Friday, 9th February 2024
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best-in-class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast-paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing, and facilitating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Bauer Media Audio Ireland employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with.