PA to the Managing Editor of Classic FM and the Senior Broadcasting & Content team
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Personal Assistant to the Managing Editor of Classic FM with support for the Senior Broadcasting & Content team at Global (Maternity cover)
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to the Managing Editor of Classic FM
Overview of job
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to join Global, home of the UK’s leading radio brands! You’ll play a vital role as the personal assistant to the Managing Editor of Classic FM, as well as working directly with the presenting and production teams.
This is a fixed-term position providing cover for maternity leave, so the successful candidate will also give support to the wider senior Broadcasting & Content team at Global
3 best things about the job
- You’ll play a pivotal role at one of the UK’s most popular radio brands!
- You’ll work with a range of dynamic individuals and well-known personalities
- With fantastic career prospects at Global, you’ll demonstrate your excellent skills and experience by working with senior leaders
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have
- Quickly familiarised yourself with the Managing Editor, offered invaluable support and adapted to their way of working
- Developed strong relationships with the presenters, producers, and other key stakeholders at Global
- Successfully mastered the day-to-day requirements of the role like managing and coordinating diaries and room booking system.
Responsibilities of the role
- Creatively finding ways to best support the Managing Editor day-to-day
- Managing inboxes, diaries & schedules effectively, and booking meeting rooms as required
- Greeting and welcoming guests
- Checking invoices and sending them on to be processed
- Assisting the presenting and programming teams when required
- Ownership of the holiday calendar
- Attending and participating in team meetings and organising team building events and nights out
- Working on brand events such as Classic FM Live which includes VIP relations
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Personable with a positive can-do attitude
- Keenness to provide support and be an indispensable and experienced Personal Assistant
- Brilliant communication and interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
- Inventive, creative and able to problem solve
- The ability to multi-task and skilled with managing multiple projects
- Ability to handle big personalities, interact with talent, while getting what you need
- Flexible and happy to occasionally be contacted outside of standard working hours.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global