Somethin’ Else creates award-winning radio, podcast, TV, social and online content for an extensive and growing range of brands and broadcasters. We produce radio programmes for the BBC, commercial radio, podcasts and audiobooks for a large, global audience.
We are looking for a producer to join our team based in our busy London offices near Old Street to work on two specialist BBC radio projects for 1Xtra and Asian Network. This will include live and pre-recorded programming, including use of studios at New Broadcasting House. The ideal candidate will have national or major network experience (in commercial or BBC Radio) and a passion for the specialist music covered on the show.
You must be able to demonstrate a brilliant knowledge and understanding of the shows you wish to produce, the music they feature, the BBC network and their audience and have previous experience delivering high quality social media and video content. You must also have excellent audio editing skills. In addition to regular programme production you would be expected to contribute to wider creative projects in radio, TV, social and other content production. Full training will be provided on unfamiliar systems, if required.
- music programming
- music reporting
- studio production
- talent management
- client liaison
- social media management
- script writing
- editorial judgement
- managing assistant producers
- generating ideas
- previous experience as a network/national radio producer
- used to working in a team and supporting co-workers, as well as managing assistant producers
- strong editorial judgement and knowledge of the BBC’s editorial guidelines
- excellent talent management skills
- strong social media management and strategy skills including a good knowledge of Photoshop
- good connections within the music industry
- creative flare for ideas generation, both for a weekly show, and as part of the bigger picture.
- excellent organisation skills
- strong client liaison skills
If you are interested in the role, please apply here ASAP by uploading your CV and a cover letter highlighting your availability.
Applications close on January 17th 2020.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society, and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and people with disabilities as they are under-represented in this part of the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.