Producer, Folded Wing
Producer (Full Time)
Works to: Executive Producer
Folded Wing is an award winning Creative Sound Studio; we help stories take flight.
With a legacy of 15 years, we design and craft the best in class audio in all its forms - from Radio Shows to Podcasts, Audio Books to Sonic Branding.
We pride ourselves in shaping ideas and strategies that audiences will love; helping what we make get heard by listeners around the world.
Our portfolio includes:
- BBC Radio 2’s The Jazz Show with Jamie Cullum and Romesh Ranganathan’s For the Love of Hip Hop
- BBC Radio 1’s Introducing with Gemma Bradley, Introducing Dance with Jaguar and Introducing Rock with Alyx Holcombe
- Selector Radio for the British Council, a weekly new music show presented by Jamz Supernova that broadcasts to over 40 countries and 4 million listeners worldwide.
- Hundreds of documentaries and podcasts for BBC Radio, commercial stations and brands such as Red Bull, Nike, EE and HarperCollins.
We also create opportunities for the next generation of audio thinkers and makers - nurturing new talent and powering new stories. Our successes include the creation of the Red Bull Music Academy Radio and Roundhouse Radio (Now Transmission Roundhouse)
Folded Wing is looking for a top flight producer to join the team to produce world class audio and digital content. This could be music radio shows, branded podcasts or the latest audio innovation in both music and spoken word.
What you’ll do:
- As a key team member, you will be responsible for developing, creating and delivering world class content for a range of clients. Starting with ideation, through to production and ensuring the project meets its deadlines.
- You’re likely to lead a weekly show and continually evolve this to ensure its success. This could include scripting, editing, music selection, presenter direction and guest booking.
- You’ll also work on special development and pitching projects for new business, finding new ways of working with clients and potential clients, seeking out and developing new homes and platforms for content.
- Manage show budgets and ad-hoc production budget.
- To undertake a range of programme and project administration
- Manage, oversee and support the Assistant Producer and Production Assistant.
- At Folded Wing we pride ourselves on training the next generation of producers. You’ll be involved with this in terms of implementation and development.
- In depth experience of live radio, pre-recorded audio production and 360 content that sits around this - covering social media, podcasting and visualisation.
- In-depth knowledge and passion for music and culture.
- Great organisational skills with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving skills and willingness to always suggest alternatives to improve what we’re doing.
- Strong editorial understanding of BBC guidelines and other respective media law.
- Great people skills and a ‘can do’ attitude. Experience of knowing how to liaise with everyone from with artists, record labels, presenters and the production team.
- To maintain a keen interest and keep across developments in broadcasting, media and technology.
Need to know:
If you think you’re the right person to join our team, get in touch with us at email@example.com putting the name of the role you are applying for in the subject, attaching your CV and in no more than one page tell us why you are suitable for the role.
Feel free to provide links or examples of one or two of your finest projects!
Deadline Friday 7 October 2022