Reporting To:London News Editors
Attached to: London Broadcast Centre.
What it’s all about
You will be creative, have a fantastic voice and great writing skills. You’ll be producing exciting content for Global’s Newsroom bulletins, including on brands like LBC, Heart and Smooth, as well as our rolling news station LBC News.
What we expect of you
- You will have a broadcast journalism qualification and considerable experience of broadcasting both live and pre-recorded news bulletins.
- You should be experienced at ‘on-location’ reporting, bulletin editing and online/digital production.
- You should have a good understanding of the London area and the key issues facing the capital. Excellent networking skills are required; you should be contributing to an effective contacts database.
- You will be able to create original news content that will appeal to our London and national audiences on-air and on-line.
- You'll also make sure that everything you do is compliant with legal and broadcast regulations and consistent with Global's values and standards.
- You'll be using a full range of multi-media tools to create engaging content on our Twitter accounts, complete with videos and audio links.
What you'll be doing
We want you to be passionate about news and eager to investigate and create your own unique and exclusive stories. You will be confident working on your own and under the guidance of Senior Broadcast Journalists and the London News Editors to provide on-target, agenda-setting news content. News happens 24/7 and this isn’t a ‘normal’ office job. With your commanding on-air presence, you’ll cover all big stories on Global’s London and national platforms.
Who you will work with:
- London News Editors
- Senior Broadcast Journalists
- Regional teams
- LBC Producers
- LBC News Online
- Group News management
How to apply
Please apply in writing to email@example.com and include your CV and an mp3 news bulletin demo.
Please note that applications without a demo will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is Monday 10thFebruary.