Senior Events Manager
We are Global
We’re proud to be one of the world’s leading media and entertainment groups. Whether it be on-air, via global player or through our outdoor advertising, we entertain and reach over 50 million individuals across the UK every week.
Across our entire business, we’re committed to making more moments that matter for our audiences, customers and for each other. And every moment matters…the small, the big and everything in between. We couldn’t do any of it without our talented, passionate Globallers. Everything we do is driven by our culture and the talented people who make it happen.
Here at Global, we have a saying…it’s all about how you make people feel. It’s our company ethos, our guiding belief and it’s so much more than words. It’s the vibe you get when you walk into one of our offices, it’s what keeps us honest and true to who we are, and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Senior Events Manager
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Events
Overview of job
To work within the Events Team to deliver a calendar of events. Events form part of the coordinated marketing strategy at Global.
The role is integral to the success of a team that strives to maintain its reputation as the most dynamic and successful radio events team within the UK media industry.
3 best things about the job
- Working across a variety of Global’s brands & projects, from Heart supercharged promotions & music events to Classic FM Live to Capital’s Summertime & Jingle Bell Balls to Radio X Presents & LBC Outside Broadcasts!
- Being part of a diverse, dynamic & successful team, developing strategies for different brands & delivering many high profile events every year!
- Working with every department within Global in some way, whether it be Commercial, Programming, Engineering, Digital, Finance.
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Been introduced to all of Global’s brands & gained experience of working on a number of Global’s events / outside broadcasts.
- Worked closely with the Head of Events to identify ideas for events that are on brand & showcase relevant brands.
- Been brought up to speed on Global’s event planning process, including H&S, Legal & Insurance requirements.
- Developed strong leadership & handled a number of events independently, with support from the Head of Events.
- Had the opportunity to develop event planning skills, as well as on the ground event management skills.
Responsibilities of the role
- Working with the Heads of Events to develop an events' strategy for each brand that meets the aims and objectives of the overall business plan.
- To take operational responsibility for bringing each brand to life through events – whether live music events with artists, celebrity appearances, outside broadcasts or DJ activities, whether station funded, ticket funded, custom commercial events, marketing partnerships or experiential activity.
- To work with the Heads of Events to build on brand events that showcase the best, most relevant artists, DJs and activities to our audiences and as a result build brand loyalty.
- To provide a strong leadership presence at every event and a clear line of authority to all personnel present.
- To ensure all activities are carried out efficient and within budget.
- To ensure all Legal, Licensing, Health & Safety and Insurance requirements are met for every piece of activity.
- To build relationships with internal teams and external suppliers.
- To support the rest of the Events Team, working on other brands, as and when required.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- Ability to make things happen in an ambitious environment and remain focused in a very competitive and fast moving market place.
- Strong ability to operate with confidence at senior level within Global.
- Knowledge of the broadcasting industry.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal – excellent interpersonal skills, authoritative and strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to generate, or catalyse in others, innovative ideas and approaches and to translate these into practical realities.
- Ability to use own initiative and demonstrate resilience and ability to think on feet.
- Self-reliant and able to handle self and others in a calm, enjoyable and motivating manner.
- Excellent project management and organisation skills.
- Strong number literacy and understanding of spreadsheets and budgets.
- Appetite to continually learn and keep up to date with developments in the events industry.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience in a live broadcasting environment.
- A track record of coordinating and handling activities.
- People management experience, as well as working as part of a team.
- Experience of working in the media sector, ideally in Radio.
- Knowledge of Global’s events.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org