Newstalk is Ireland’s fastest growing independent talk radio station in Ireland, with a weekly reach of 784,000 across 26 counties. Newstalk continues to grow its audience each year and is known across the nation as the independent voice of Ireland, boasting a strong line-up of Ireland’s leading broadcasters.
Newstalk is also one of the most respected media brands in the country, having a track record for engaging content and campaigns that have helped to grow our reputation and our listenership.
We are seeking to appoint a Programme Reporter to deliver bespoke and creative content across all programmes on Newstalk. We are looking for candidates with a proven track record in producing news, features, and current affairs with in-studio and in-field experience.
What you’ll do
- Develop and plan innovative content ideas that can be executed on air and online
- React quickly to breaking news when required
- Record and edit audio in studio and on location
- Be proficient in the use of social media and online publishing to enhance our brand reach and increase the digital audience and engagement levels with programmes.
- Adapt to change that benefits the company, be open to new ideas, take on new responsibilities, handle pressure and adjust plans to meet changing needs
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing, promptly share information and ideas with others throughout the organisation as appropriate and demonstrate active listening skills.
- Possess the ability to plan, manage and execute several report ideas at any one time and deliver to tight schedules
- Create compelling video content for digital and social media channels
If the following traits sound like you, you might be the right person for the job:
- You are passionate about news, current affairs, opinion, sport, pop culture and stories that get people talking
- You have an ability to create a high standard of reporting within tight deadlines, and a flair for developing new angles on existing stories.
- You are a strong and effective communicator with excellent planning, research and organisational skills.
- You are a self-starter who is able to work and communicate remotely with a remote editor
- You display strong independent thinking and a determination to grow JNLR figures and digital audiences.
- You are willing and able to travel, often at short notice, to react to stories across Ireland
Before applying, make sure you tick the following boxes:
- 3 + years experience working in a broadcast environment.
- A Full Clean Irish Driver s Licence
- Proficiency in Cool Edit, Adobe Audition, use of a zoom recorder,
- Excellent contacts.
- Excellent working knowledge of libel and defamation laws.
- Experience in mobile video journalism is a benefit but not essential
The role will involve occasional foreign travel and non-standard working hours are a regular necessity in order to fulfill the role.
Please submit your CV and an audio demo by Monday 16th May.
Our Culture & Rewards
At Bauer Media Audio Ireland we strive to be the most innovative, dynamic and best in class media outlet in Ireland. We want more people to spend more time with us. We want to talk to every person in Ireland, every single week, through one of our channels. To make this happen, our team is made up of some of the most passionate and creative people you’ll find. Working here means no two days are the same. The work by its nature is fast paced, and it can be intense - we work really hard – but we are all here because we truly love what we do.
We are committed to promoting, developing and facilitating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace culture, and to encourage and support the creation and distribution of content that reflects the diverse audience in Ireland.
Our employees believe that the most important thing in creating a happy, respectful workplace culture is to simply act like the kind of person you would like to work with. Our employees believe in a guide to work by ‘Be Sound, Inspiring, Responsible, Collaborative, Authentic and Proud’. We live by these values every day.