Assistant Editor, Casual Work
talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station. From World Cups and European Championships to the Premier League and the Champions League, through to Test cricket and world-class boxing, the talkSPORT network is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events.
talkSPORT EDGE is looking for talented sports journalists with newsroom experience, who are strong feature writers and thrive around breaking news and live Premier League environments.
Successful candidates will demonstrate ability to create original ideas, have a keen eye for detail and ability to identify stand-out stories to share with EDGE users.
You will be a social media obsessive, always up to date with the top trending topics and will be as familiar with Tiktok as you are with Twitter.
Day to day you will:
- Produce original, shareable, written feature content
- Control and manage the EDGE feed
- Target users with engaging, timely Push notifications
- Generate ideas to make the app best-in-class and ensure quality user experience
- Design and edit infographics, incorporating stats
- Work with colleagues across News Broadcasting to utilise content across multiple titles
What we’re looking for from you:
- A passion for sports journalism and creating engaging content
- An encyclopaedic knowledge of football
- Able to create short and long-form written work
- Ability to create and edit imagery using Photoshop or similar tools
- Experience of using a content management system – preferably with a national brand
- Immersed in social media and always up to date with the latest trends
- A good understanding of sports betting and its communities
- Team player with an exceptional work ethic
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. And talkRADIO is redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.