Radio Infrastructure Specialist
An exciting opportunity for a Radio Infrastructure Specialist to join the radio technology team in the UK.
You will be responsible for broadcast IT systems with the main focus being the delivery of effective and efficient technical solutions. Part of a small team, a Radio Infrastructure Specialist will have detailed knowledge of Microsoft server and desktop operating systems and associated applications, experience of vmware environment and the tools used to maintain, backup and efficiently operate all our systems. You will either have current knowledge or become an expert in the playout, news, logging, and streaming systems used in the company. You will have expert fault finding skills, want to help other people and enjoy working in a team environment.
Part of the Radio Technology team who provide specialist support to the business for the systems that make our radio stations work.
The location of this post is flexible but must be based at a Bauer Media location in the UK. Normal working hours are 9am until 5:30pm Monday to Friday. Some out of hours and on call work is required as well as working at other Bauer Media sites.
What you'll do
- Supporting the audio business day to day as part of a team
- Fault finding operational issues and dealing in a timely manner
- Planning and organising the maintenance of our systems
- Working on a variety of projects to help the business develop
What we're looking for
This role will suit someone looking to build or further a career within the radio industry, you will be an excellent communicator and able to build strong relationships with colleagues at all levels and in all departments. Technical skills might come from your education, past jobs or a particular technical interest.
You should be self-motivated and flexible, be able to work alone as well as part of a team committed to high levels of service and quality. You’ll have a passion for technology and will love working in the fast-paced environment of radio. Helping people will not be a chore for you; it will be why you get out of bed each morning.
You should have a background in technology with experience of corporate IT systems including Microsoft based servers and workstations and ideally have a good understanding of network technologies alongside vmware support experience. You will be expected to work on technology projects and work closely with all the Bauer Media technology teams.
Rewards packages at Bauer Media offer a range of salary sacrifice Benefits, such as our pension scheme and flexible holidays, as well as exclusive Perks like great deals and discounts for everyday life.
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 2 volunteer days
• Company car
• Internal Bauer Academy – Wide range of learning opportunities to support with your Career Development
• Opportunity to buy additional holiday
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay
• Company pension
• Cycle to work scheme, tech loan scheme and groups discounts for healthcare insurance
• Discounted subscriptions on Bauer publications (50%)
• Thrive initiatives – Wellbeing at Bauer
• Opportunities to contribute to our Belonging@Bauer and Sustainability initiatives
• Discounted high street vouchers