Radio Talk Show Producer
Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio is one the largest commercial radio stations in the country. We broadcast to more than 2.3M people in eight of the largest counties in Ireland – Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway, Clare, Kildare, Meath & Wicklow, with a weekly reach of 296,000. We’re looking to hire a Producer for our midday Talk Show – The Niall Boylan Show.
The successful candidate will have the ability and expertise to generate and research ideas for the Talk Show and generate entertaining and engaging content for the programme. You will assist with creating and producing high quality and distinct content and associated feature content for the Niall Boylan Talk Show which will help grow the audience the show.
The successful candidate must be experienced, have a broad knowledge of all current affairs, international events and have great attention to detail and be creative, proactive, confident, and ambitious.
* At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
* Ability to work calm under pressure
* Proficient at audio editing
* Experience at leading a team
* Possess an impressive contact list
* Have a strong interest in pop culture, currents affairs, Irish Politics and International events.
* On air experience welcomed but not essential
* Proficient at the most popular social media platforms
* A strong knowledge of BAI Codes and Standards
* Experience with event management welcomed but not essential
What you’ll do:
* Play a leading role in all aspects of daily production for the show
* Generating and researching ideas for the programme.
* Sourcing potential contributors and interviewees.
* Live produce and react to breaking news or change in content direction
* Undertaking editing, interviewing, and reporting duties as necessary.
* Put together creative and engaging audio pieces
* Develop and implement the editorial vision for the programme
* Generate and develop creative, original, and new ideas
* Represent the station by speaking directly and professionally with listeners
* Organise and attend regular editorial meetings
* Arrange and produce live outside broadcasts
* Using technology, such as Cool Edit Pro and Adobe Audition for editing and production purposes.
* Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to maximise commercial and PR opportunities
* Develop content for Ireland's Classic Hits Radio social media platforms.
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ireland’s Classic Hits Radio is an equal opportunities employer.