Please note that we require a demo reel to be sent to us alongside your application.
Intro to Station/ Business:
Live95 is the Market Leading Radio Station in Limerick City and County with over 100,000 people tuning in each week.We provide broad format Music and Entertainment, Local News and Talk to our audience. Live95 also has a strong online following on live95.ie and across our social platforms.
The Team: Live95 News and Sports Team - we work closely with the Live 95 Limerick Today team to bring Limerick all the breaking news stories across Limerick as well as in depth analysis of the stories and issues that matter to our Limerick audience.
Your Role: You’ll work closely with the Limerick Today production team preparing each show, pitching ideas, researching topics, writing scripts and booking guests as well as recording material on Limerick’s streets with the general public and interviewing guests in studio.
Day to day you will:
- Pitch and provide original content for multi-platform outlets, online and social media
- Respond to breaking news
- Undertaking of relevant background news research
- Liaise with other members of the production and technical teams
- Be required to research topics and write original scripts in an appropriate style for radio
- Book guests and prepare them for on air interviews
- Meet, greet and guide guests to the studio
- Manage programme content on our website and social media accounts
- Ensure content observes BAI Guidelines
- Fill-in for producer when producer is on leave
- Occasional cover for news reporter shifts including reading bulletins
- Shift work will be required which will include early/late shifts, weekends and public holidays.
What we’re looking for from you:
- An energetic journalist with flair and imagination to craft relevant content for our Limerick audience.
- An ability to write accurate, tight and easily understood radio scripts.
- An excellent knowledge of news gathering, social media and digital content management systems.
- Ability to work well and calmly in a live newsroom environment; handle a rapidly changing news agenda and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Knowledge of Adobe editing systems is an asset.
- Willingness to engage with members of the public and encourage them on to radio
- Willingness to provide engaging video content for social media
- Have an ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of defamation law and BAI Codes
- An understanding of the news landscape in Limerick is essential, as is a passion for serving the Limerick audience.
- A full clean drivers licence
How to apply:
Please apply for this position with your CV via our careers site and send a demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line LIVE95 RESEARCHER APPLICATION. The demo reel can be you presenting a news bulletin, short interview or a vox pop.
We are Wireless: We create great audio and digital products. Our live radio and podcasts, along with our web and social pages, play a massive part in our listeners lives. We engage, we inform and we entertain with our market leading products. In Ireland we own or represent stations in all main urban centres, and we create award winning solutions for our commercial partners. We are also part of the wider Wireless group with radio stations like Virgin Radio, talkSPORT, Times Radio and talkRADIO which are redefining speech broadcasting on digital audio platforms, connected TV and beyond.
Life at News: At News UK & Ireland our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
In addition we also offer:
- 25 days holiday per year
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing, so feel free to let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email email@example.com