Senior Data Analyst
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning audio, TV and video content for millions of people across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is an official broadcaster of the Premier League. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar and Aasmah Mir. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
The Role: Reporting to the Head of Data and Insight, you will help to equip our Broadcasting editorial, marketing and product teams with best in class insight using internal data and analytics, combining internal data tools with external sources to tell compelling stories. Using your experience and knowledge of data and analytics, you will represent the voice of our listeners and viewers, supporting key business decisions with rich and actionable customer intelligence.
Day to day you will:
- Work closely with Technology, Data and Insight colleagues to enable our audio and TV brands to capitalise upon all the digital data and analytics sources at our disposal in order to extract rich insights on how audiences are engaging with key programming, platforms and products.
- Deliver high quality data analysis and recommendations to editorial and business stakeholders, driving business value through more customer-centric decisions to grow audiences and revenues.
- Develop and maintain high quality reports, dashboards and compelling visualisations of business performance, continually seeking new ways in which we can effectively translate data to communicate insights to our stakeholders.
- Enable our Broadcasting brands to develop a holistic picture of user engagement across different products, platforms and touchpoints, providing analysis on how different audiences overlap together with insights on expanding overall reach and engagement.
- Support the wider work of the Broadcasting Data and Insights team as needed, including in relation to audience measurement and custom research projects to inform our editorial strategies and product innovation.
- Work with your stakeholders and suppliers to identify, define and champion best practice for analytical and data tools.
What we are looking for:
- You will drive business value and action from your analysis, and lead business meetings where you will present clear and compelling stories with recommendations.
- You will communicate proactively, clearly and regularly to influence a variety of stakeholders, being unafraid to stand up for your work and voice your opinions, keeping stakeholders updated on progress.
- You will collaborate cross-functionally, ensuring the best work is produced and learning from colleagues in other areas.
- You will demonstrate a deep awareness of the Broadcasting division’s broader strategic objectives, and exhibit a flair in identifying how data and insight can support the achievement of key business KPIs
- You utilise SQL to manipulate and process large data sets to enable concise reporting and analysis (through data warehouses like GBQ/AWS).
- You’ll love the challenge of visualising data in a meaningful and actionable way (using tools like Tableau/Looker/Data Studio), pioneering new techniques.
- You’ll enjoy presenting and communicating detailed analysis to non-technical stakeholders, knowing how to convince different audiences (using tools like Powerpoint, Google Slides, Tableau Story).
- Good understanding of digital audience measurement, journey analysis and A/B testing methods, customer data and how to utilise them all together (using tools like Google/Adobe Analytics, Optimizely).
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.