Senior Insight Executive
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning audio, TV and video content for millions of people across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is an official broadcaster of the Premier League. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar and Aasmah Mir. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
The Team: Our goal is to equip our broadcast brands to achieve sustained audience and revenue growth through best in class data and insight. Our listeners and viewers are at the heart of everything we do and we are committed to tailoring our products to meet their needs. We use insights from our audience data and consumer research to inform our decisions and drive growth across our programming, platforms and brands.
The Role: Reporting to the Head of Data and Insight, you will help to equip our editorial, marketing and product teams with best in class customer insight. Using your experience and knowledge of audience measurement and research tools, you will represent the voice of our listeners and viewers, supporting key business decisions with rich and actionable customer intelligence.
Day to day you will:
- Effectively harness the sources at our disposal (spanning audience measurement, consumer insight and custom research) to become the key insight point of contact for our radio brands; helping talkSPORT, Virgin Radio, TalkTV and Times Radio understand how audiences are engaging with key programming, platforms and products.
- Generate original audience insights based to help your key stakeholders make better informed and more customer-centric decisions and grow audiences.
- Manage audience panels and qualitative and quantitative research projects to inform our editorial strategies and product innovation.
- Work with your stakeholders and suppliers to identify, define and champion best practice tools, methodologies and analysis projects to enhance project output and efficiency.
- Develop strong partnerships with your audience insights peers in other brands at News UK to exchange existing insights or create new insights that would benefit your area and/or other areas of the business.
What we are looking for from you:
- Minimum of three years experience in using broadcast audience measurement tools (ideally including RAJAR) either within a media owner or agency context.
- Versed in qualitative and quantitative audience research with experience of managing bespoke surveys and projects from end-to-end from brief, scripting, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in using external consumer research tools such as TGI, Touchpoints and YouGov Profiles.
- Understanding of how to integrate analysis of internal data sets (such as streaming analytics and user registrations) in tracking audience behaviour
- Commercial acumen coupled with a strong customer orientation.
- Passionate about the work you do, embracing every opportunity to do your best work.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.