Senior Social Media Producer
talkSPORT is the world’s biggest sports radio station. From World Cups and European Championships to the Premier League and the Champions League, through to Test cricket and world class boxing, the talkSPORT network is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events.
Your team: A very rare and exciting opportunity has become available to join the talkSPORT social media team.
Your role: talkSPORT is seeking an experienced and dynamic Social Media Producer and Content Lead to drive the awareness and engagement of our radio programmes through social media channels. You will be responsible for developing and executing social media strategies, creating engaging content, and helping to guide a team of social media producers.
Day to day you will:
- Work closely with the Director of Video and Social Media to develop and implement social media strategies for talkSPORT's radio programmes
- Lead a team of content creators to ensure high-quality, engaging content is produced on a daily basis
- Create and publish engaging video content across various social media platforms, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter
- Produce and edit video content for social media channels, including clipped programme footage, news footage, promotional material and sponsored content
- Monitor, analyse and report on social media metrics to optimise content and campaign performance
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure all social media activity is aligned with talkSPORT's overall business strategy and KPIs
- Work alongside presenters and attend major sporting events in the UK and abroad
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social media and content creation
What we’re looking for from you:
- Proven experience in social media content production, particularly video
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms, particularly YouTube and Facebook, but also Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat and their respective audiences.
- Experience using social media analytics and reporting its data
- Good understanding in programmatic revenue generation through social media
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and proactive and able to lead others in the team
- Experience working with Adobe Premiere Suite
- A passion for talkSPORT and its programmes
We are News Broadcasting: Driving digital innovation, our people create award-winning national and local radio and podcasts which are must-listens for millions across the UK, Ireland and beyond. Life sounds good with Virgin Radio - home to Chris Evans at Breakfast and Graham Norton at the weekend. talkSPORT, the world’s biggest sports radio station, delivers the very best live sport and analysis and is truly powered by its millions of fans. Launched in June 2020 Times Radio brings together the peerless journalistic expertise of The Times and The Sunday Times with world-class broadcast talent including John Pienaar, Aasmah Mir and Michael Portillo. In 2022 we launched TalkTV, a major new TV channel available to everyone across the UK, delivering a schedule of news, current affairs, entertainment and sport, with Piers Morgan in a primetime evening show.
Life at News: At News UK our people are our heartbeat - they are the driving force behind our brands and we want to enable people to thrive. Some of us work flexibly, in many different ways. We encourage you to talk to us about the flexibility you would like. Many of us work in a hybrid way between one of the News UK & Ireland offices and remotely.
We champion diversity and inclusion, we strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity Board, D&I strategy & training, creating more diverse content and our intern and apprenticeship programmes. We also have 11 employee-led networks.
We take pride in looking after our amazing talent at News UK supporting the Health and Wellbeing of our staff. Some of what we offer includes:
- A generous pension scheme with employer contributions of up to 5%;
- 25 days holiday and up to 4 volunteering days per year;
- Maternity leave up to 18 weeks full basic salary & paternity leave up to 2 weeks;
- Wide range of training available, plus full LinkedIn Learning access.
- Private medical insurance covering pre-existing conditions
- Discounted gym memberships, ClassPass at Home, weekly virtual HIIT, yoga and run club classes
- ‘Bikes for Work’ scheme
- Access to wellbeing benefits such as physio/massage and counselling
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when interviewing. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.
News UK is an official partner of the Journalism Diversity Fund, founder of the Journalism and Disability Forum, and proud member of the Valuable 500. At News UK, we will continue to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace, to help people with visible and non visible disabilities create careers in media and aim to make our content accessible to all.