Show Producer – North East Region
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Show Producer – North East Region
Reporting of the role
The role reports to the Regional Managing Editor – Scotland, Midlands & The North
Overview of job
You will be responsible for producing and handling the local output from Capital and Heart from our Newcastle broadcast centre – both on air, and our very active presence on social media. This role requires high levels of creativity, organisation, and talent management.
3 best things about the job
- You’ll be joining one of the world’s leading Media and Entertainment groups working on the biggest and best brands in British radio!
- You’ll work in the live Drive show environment on a daily basis, playing a key role in helping craft the output.
- You’ll be plugged in to the wider Global team and exposed to many exciting projects right across the business
Measures of success –
In the first few months, you would have:
- Developed a balanced understanding of the Capital and Heart and Smooth Brands!
- Started to build great relationships with presenters, understanding how to get the best out of them to drive the biggest audiences.
- Contributed and helped drive exciting creative planning sessions.
- Worked alongside our Station Producers to help deliver outstanding content for our social channels.
- Worked alongside our commercial team to help plan, devise and implement exciting, branded content.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be managing and mentoring the presentation team to a high standard.
- You’ll play a part in coaching and developing existing talent, whilst also helping us to discover and develop talent for the future.
- You'll be utilising your creativity to devise and implement outstanding and topical ideas for the stations and programmes.
- You will have a keen eye for creating great PR.
- You will be well-connected and plugged-in to the local area.
- You’ll be passionate about what our audience loves, their music preferences, their lifestyle choices and you’ll put this understanding at the heart of our programming.
What you will need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A minimum 18 months experience working in a similar type role.
- You’ll have outstanding organisational skills, and be able to handle a fast-paced workload
- You’ll ensure all aspects of broadcast law, compliance and the broadcasting code are enforced and adhered to.
- You’ll deliver creative solutions for clients to optimise revenue and audience growth whilst staying true to our core brand values.
- You will be confident using digital playout systems, Adobe Creative Suite, ProTools (or similar), and online content management systems.
- You’ll demonstrate a passion for personal development and growth, with a dedication to cover other programming roles in the broadcast centre as and when required.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global