Video Content Producer – Capital XTRA (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
We are Global
We think big, work hard and never stand still. It’s our talented and passionate people that make us leaders in creativity and innovation and the proud home to the best media and entertainment on the planet.
We’re here to make everyone’s day brighter. That’s everyone from our Globallers, to our audiences, every partner we work with and every community we work in. Whether we’re making shows or making headlines, making everyone’s day brighter is behind everything we do.
Whether we’re in the studio, building a world-class Global Player app, or producing fast-moving digital content, we’re at our best when we’re working together. It’s why we show up, deliver great work and above all, it’s the reason we all love to work here.
Video Content Producer - Capital XTRA (6 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Digital Managing Editor (Capital Xtra) and Global’s Group Head of Video & Operations.
Overview of job
You will be responsible for the smooth creation and delivery of industry-leading video content for Global, but with a particular focus on the Capital Xtra brand.
Working alongside our video, radio, digital and social teams you will be encouraged to help to create outstanding, engaging video content that ensures Global remains at the top of the media industry.
3 best things about the job
- Every day is different – you will be working across a huge breadth of content.
- Working with a hugely dedicated team – you will learn a lot quickly!
- The opportunity to work on big video projects and to challenge yourself.
Measures of success – In the first few months, you would have:
- Helped to shape Capital Xtra’s video output – from radio visualisation to the creation and delivery of original formats/series and large scale productions.
- Learned new, and improved upon existing, video production skills and techniques.
- Fostered and grown relationships between video, radio, social and digital team partners.
- Maintained video production excellence across the board.
- Maintained consistent, timely and professional communication across the business.
- Understood and adopted internal processes, workflows and policies.
Responsibilities of the role
- You will be responsible for helping to create memorable video content that our audiences will want to share. Your ideas will help bring Capital Xtra alive online and on social media.
- Work with the various radio teams to amplify what they are doing on-air, in video.
- Contribute with ideas to the brand’s social video output, bring the best out of our talent and influence how we continue to publish engaging content for our digital audience.
What will you need
The ideal candidate will be proactive and willing to develop and implement innovative solutions, capable of the following:
- A good knowledge of all aspects of video production techniques and workflows.
- Intermediate/Expert knowledge and understanding of Adobe Premiere Pro is a requirement.
- Experience with other Adobe Suite apps such as After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of advanced filming / camera operating techniques. Particular experience with the Sony A7/FS7/FX9 range would be advantageous.
- A proven understanding of the social media landscape, the need to optimise content per platform and the ability to plan shoots to cater for them.
- An interest in and understanding of Hip-Hop and RnB music would be preferable.
- A can-do attitude, willing to go above and beyond and to always being professional and courteous towards your colleagues and external contractors.
Everyone is welcome at Global
Just like our media and entertainment platforms are for everyone, so are our workplaces. We know that we can’t possibly serve our diverse audiences without first nurturing and celebrating it in our people and that’s why we work hard to create an inclusive culture for everyone. We believe that different will set us apart, so no matter what you look like, where you come from or what your favourite radio station is, we want to hear from you.
Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at Global
Issues with a job listing or this site? Email firstname.lastname@example.org