Outreach and Training Coordinator – Claremorris Community Radio
This is a Pobal-funded position – please see eligibility criteria at ccr946.ie/vacancies.
The role is for 18.75 hrs per week, but additional hours may be negotiable.
Please send a CV and cover letter to the Board of Directors at email@example.com.
To build partnerships with local community and key target groups, promote and facilitate volunteer participation in the station and design and deliver training aimed at building the confidence and capacity of volunteers to ensure quality programming.
Key responsibilities of post:
- Create and foster links with local community groups, schools and other target groups
- Assist with promoting the station in the community and raising visibility
- Contribute to planning and organising community-focused Station activities
- Help with recruiting and retaining of volunteersTRAINING
- In conjunction with the manager, prepare a comprehensive annual training plan
- Researching, identifying, sourcing and applying for training funding from State agencies, local authorities, European and Irish grants etc.
- Design and deliver a programme of training aimed at building the confidence and capacity of volunteers to ensure quality programming
- Deliver one-to-one training and feedback to volunteers when required
- Coordinate and deliver volunteer induction and training
- Coordinate and facilitate work placementsWhile all members of staff have individual job descriptions they are required to collaborate with all other staff. He/she may be expected to work in different locations and to undertake other duties from time to time, including occasional weekend work.Essential skills required for this post:
- A strong working knowledge of broadcasting, radio production and techniques
- Experience of developing, planning and delivering training (with a ‘Train the Trainer’ qualification or willing to study towards qualification)
- Ability to communicate and work with a diverse range of individuals and organisations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise own work to meet agreed objectives
- Ability to work as part of a team