Assistant Producer – KISS
Bauer Media UK reaches over 25 million UK consumers through a portfolio of world-class, multi-platform media and entertainment brands.
KISS is an experience and a fun place to be. We value realness and passion. We always have something relevant to tell you about. A place where everyone is welcome. We like a laugh but we’re always kind and promise to practice what we preach. We’re honest and we have opinions. We are on your level and will earn your attention never demand it. We will never stand still. We will always hold up great talent we believe in. Above all music is our life.
We want good attitudes towards work, team and connecting with audiences.
The main focus of this role will be working on KISS Breakfast with Jordan & Perri to begin with. This is our flagship focus for the main KISS station, and is a fast-paced, creative, emotionally intelligent and energy-giving place to be.
You will work on both radio and digital aspects of making impact and supporting producers and exec producers on this show.
You’ll need to develop associated radio and digital content. You’ll be responsible for completing the admin associated with your content. Flexibility with hours essential, reasonable notice on hours changing will always be given by the team/business. You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
As a KISS Assistant Producer, you will be expected to support your fellow team members, if and when needed. This could include other studio-based live or pre-recorded shows.
You will follow the lead of your Producer and work collaboratively and independently to fulfil objectives.
Your work will ultimately ladder up to the wider KISS strategy set by the Content Director – to grow our <35 UK audience.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Future content planning and daily production of assigned shows.
- Excellent editing, prepping and planning of interviews, content and callers.
- Support your Producer in effective briefing and execution of all commercial (S&P) activity.
- Help plan and co-produce associated digital content (video, social media).
- Support your Producer with confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- You may be asked to operate the studio independently (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit. Confidence to refer up where relevant.
- Ideas generation. You’re expected to contribute to the progress of the show through the best possible ideas for impact to clear briefs.
The Ideal Candidate – what you’ll bring;
- Passion, authenticity and creativity. The best attitude.
- Excellent editing and automation skills for production of programmes and mixes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Demonstrating strong awareness of new/current KISS music (Dance Music, Pop Music, Black Music) and culture essential.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
What we’ll offer you
Quite simply, our promise to you is that Bauer Media is a great place to do great work with great people. Our people take an enormous amount of pride in the brands they support. They like their team members, and they feel supported by their managers. We have created a working environment where all our people feel able to bring their whole selves to work every day. It’s part of everything we do, and everyone who works here is responsible. If you join us, you’ll be an important part of this as well.
If you think you’d be great at this job and would love working with us, we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, you’ll need to send your CV and cover letter to