Assistant Producer – KISS and KISS Fresh
We are looking for an Assistant Producer to join our team at KISS in London.
As an Assistant Producer at KISS, you will always positively contribute to the production and development of multi-platform programming and projects across the KISS channels. Programming will include studio-based live shows, pre-recorded shows - both music and entertainment orientated. Also contributing to digital ideas and executions collaborating with our social and video team. You will work both independently and as part of a team.
For this role you will be starting on our KISS Fresh brand. KISS Fresh is a celebration of black music and culture, having a passion for this will be an advantage.
You’ll need to develop associated radio and digital content. You’ll be responsible for completing the admin associated with your content. Flexibility with hours essential, reasonable notice on hours changing will always be given by the team/ business. You will be expected to maintain high editorial and production values and be proactive with creative suggestions for content, shows, talent and network event-radio moments.
As a KISS Assistant Producer, you will be expected to support your fellow team members, if and when needed. This could include other studio-based live or pre-recorded shows.
You will follow the lead of your Producer and work collaboratively and independently to fulfil objectives.
Your work will ultimately ladder up to the wider KISS strategy set by the Content Director – to grow our <35 UK audience.
KISS brings the most current music, culture, opportunity, vibes and energy to Bauer. The brand operates on linear radio, social, on-demand platforms, free or Premium, live or when you want it, in real life at events, or through your speakers and phones. Everyone at KISS has had a different path to becoming part of the team – and we celebrate that. KISS is an experience and a pioneering, energetic, passionate and fun place to be. We value realness and honesty. We always have something relevant to tell you about. A place where everyone is welcome. We like a laugh but we’re always kind and promise to practice what we preach. We contribute, stick our necks out – and we have opinions. We are on your level and will earn your attention - never demand it. We will never stand still. We will always hold up great talent we believe in. It’s our job to make things. Above all music is our life. We believe in happy teams making the best content.
- Future content planning and daily production of assigned shows.
- Excellent editing, prepping and planning of interviews, content and callers.
- Support your Producer/ senior in effective briefing and execution of all commercial (S&P) activity.
- Help plan and co-produce associated digital content (video, social media).
- Support your Producer with confident direction and development of talent in a live and pre-recorded broadcasting environment.
- You may be asked to operate the studio independently (during live shows and pre-records).
- Excellent editorial decision making during live shows and in the edit. Confidence to refer up where relevant.
- Ideas generation. You’re expected to contribute to the progress of the show through the best possible ideas for impact to clear briefs.
What we’re looking for
- Passion, authenticity and creativity. A positive attitude. You’re determined to do your best.
- Excellent editing and automation skills for production of programmes and mixes.
- Proficient use of digital playout/management systems.
- Digital audio editing (incl. Adobe Audition).
- Basic social media content execution abilities (IDEAL: basic Photoshop or similar/ video editing/ digital asset creation/ basic photography)
- Demonstrating strong awareness of new/current KISS music (Dance Music, Pop Music, Black Music) and culture essential.
- Thirst for growing yourself and the brand.
- Competent in radio scheduling software – and ability to transfer from other systems to Bauer systems (RCS/ Zetta used currently at Bauer).
- Ability to articulate ideas and support projects and ideas independently.
- Excellent organisational and admin skills.
- Awareness of Ofcom Broadcasting Code.
Expiry Date Thursday 20th July 2023 Interviews expected to take place w/c 31st July 2023