Somethin’ Else is one of the UK’s leading podcast creators. We have a global partnership deal with Sony Music Entertainment.
As our team continues to grow, we’re looking for experienced factual producers to work on our narrative podcasts. Over the last year, our narrative factual team has been responsible for hit podcast series including The Faultline: Bush Blair & Iraq, The Immaculate Deception and Power: The Maxwells.
The successful candidate will work across both our original podcasts and podcasts for brands and other clients.
The role will involve:
- Producing factual narrative episodes and series
- Producing factual podcasts for brands
- Sourcing, interviewing and recording contributors
- Editing, scripting and scoring episodes
- Working alongside journalists and presenters as well as executive producers and assistant producers
- Generating, developing and pitching ideas
We’re looking for producers who have:
- Demonstrable experience in audio production or TV or film production
- Experience of long form narrative story-telling
- A love of audio and wide ranging podcast listening habits
- A passion for uncovering great stories
- A strong understanding of what makes a compelling podcast
- Strong organisational skills and experience of keeping to schedules and working to deadlines and within a budget
- Experience of working collaboratively with talent and with a team
This role will be London based.
If you are interested in the role, please apply here by uploading your CV and a cover letter including a credit list of your work and highlighting your availability. Applications close at midnight on 27th May 2021.
Somethin’ Else is committed to equal employment opportunities and to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of society and are open to discussing flexible or part-time working arrangements.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates, people with disabilities and women, as they are under-represented in the business. If you have a disability or a need that we can accommodate in our hiring process, please let us know.